Shift-click doesn't work correctly with groups of serjeants

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

A group of serjeants (i.e. at least 2 serjeants) tasked with shift-queue to first build a donjon then to move somewhere will ignore the first command (i.e. they will move to the assigned location without building the donjon first).
The same command applied to a single serjeant instead of a group of serjeants will however works as intended (i.e. the serjeant will first build the donjon then move to the assigned location).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
Always.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Lay down a Donjon fondation
  2. Select a group of serjeants (at least 2)
  3. Use shift-click to task the group of serjeants to first build the donjon and second move somewhere else.
  4. Observe the serjeants ignore the “build donjon” command and move directly.
  5. Reproduce step 1 to 3 but with a single serjeant instead of a group of serjeants, and observe the command being now correctly executed.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The groups of serjeants is supposed to behave in the same way than the single serjeant, i.e. first build the donjon and only afterwards move (just like shift-queue is supposed to work).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hello, thanks for reporting this bug, we will look into it!

1 Like

Serjants are not the only unit doing Shift queues wrong. Here is an example of a bug where vills are tasked to build 4 houses, all shift queued. Before finishing the first you cancel the second house, then vill/vills (does not matter how many you choose with this bug) will build this order: 1,4,3 (2 got cancelled, so fine, but 4 should be build after 3, this can be reproduced extremely reliably… I would say as easy to repro like the “unreproducable boar bug” (List of unfixed bugs - #96 by GMEvangelos, talking about the “need more info” section)).
Just tried if this is still in the game, since the last report I have seen is several months ago. Here is the replay (bug still in game, migth be related, migth not be, but since it also is an issue with shift queue I felt this belongs here)
SP Replay v101.101.46295.0 @2021.04.07 132631.aoe2record (465.9 KB)

The villager shift-queue bug was reported in a different thread already, but thx anyhow :wink:

1 Like

I believe this bug could also related to the one where units shift attacked to a building then shift moved will ignore the attack command (seems like same behavior, with serjeants building a donjon being sort of equivalent to military tasked to attack a building)