Shift key working unexpectedly when villagers hunt

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 6431276
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When my villagers are hunting, if I enqueue a move command while they’re gathering food (to, for example, make them move the herd closer to the TC), they instantly stop gathering food and move, completely ignoring the enqueue command key (shift). If i however first enqueue gather on the animal they’re gathering and then move, it will work as expected (however, it is pretty annoying).

It only happens if they’ve been gathering for awhile. If i just sent them to gather, and then enqueue the move command, it works as expected.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have some coeur du bois gather on an animal for awhile.
  2. When the animal is about to expire, enqueue a move command
  3. The coeur du bois move immediately, instead of gathering the animal until the end and then moving

As can be seen in the video, the queue move flag appears, but the villagers do not finish gathering before moving

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The queue command would work as expected.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like