Shift-move after shift-attack is bugged

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: latest build, the July hotfix
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux
  • Gamertag: harooooo1

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

If you initiate a shift-attack command on a target, and then give a shift-move order somewhere away from the target (to move after the target is dead), the shift queue flags don’t appear, the shift queue doesn’t work, and the units immediately move away.

However, if it’s in reverse, for example the first order is a shift move, and after that a shift attack, the shift queue flags appear, and the shift queue functions properly, where units move to a location and after that attack the target.

So to summarize, “shift-attack -> shift-move” is bugged, while all the other combinations ( “shift-move -> shift-attack -> any number of orders” are functioning properly)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. select a group of units, standing idle
  2. hold shift, right click on enemy unit/building
  3. keep holding shift, right click to move somewhere
  4. Units will break their attack and will immediately move

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

here’s a short video where I shift-right click to attack, then shift-right click to move, but the shift queue flags don’t appear at all, and the shift queue doesn’t work.

(in this video it looks like i am not holding Shift at all, but I guarantee I was holding shift the whole time. also, I have No attack stance activated, but I assure you, it behaves the same way whatever my attack stance is, agressive/defensive/stand ground…)

8 Likes

Shift attacking is generally broken. Try shift attack clicking some building with your bombard cannons. Might be intentionally,but it’s not up to modern rts standards.

Would be no e if it could be chanhes

This bug that I reported above, is still in the game, and if they manage to fix that one, i think we will have a 100% working shift queue without bugs. (oh and they also need to fix unpacked trebuchets not able to shift queue at all)

But the bug you mentioned with bombard cannons I tested and it appears to work correctly without bugs. I think there was a bug in an earlier patch about that but they managed to fix that one. So they are making something right.

1 Like

Ah thank you, I didn’t know that it has been fixed

Bump (still occuring)

Shift attack-move has the same bug, where a unit won’t complete it’s attack-move before starting the next task.

It can be fairly annoying when I’m scouting with galleys/fire ships.

i hope this one isn’t forgotten

Still bugged, heres a nice proof video

shift attack into shift move is bugged and doesn’t work.

still needs to get addressed

-shift attack->move still bugged

wow its over 8 months since this was reported and its still there, this bug needs attention, its a micro nightmare to order your siege cav infantry arch and dodge mangonels all at the same time without shift commands

I’ve explored this bug a bit further now, here are my conclusions:

1. Shift queuing for a single unit works, but shift queuing a group of units is what malfunctions

2. Most combinations of attack + move or move + attack already work really well with shift queue, the only exception is the issue I presented in this post:

3. Here’s the explanation of the problem: If you order a group of idle units to Attack as the 1st command, then shift queue any other command (Move or Attack or whatever), the 1st command will be ignored and units will immediately go to do the 2nd task.

4. So basically the issue only exists if Attack is the 1st command. If you use Move as the 1st command, any further shift commands will work properly and without errors.

5. Attack Stance is irrelevant, whichever you choose the behavior is the same (Agressive, Stand Ground etc…)

I hope devs will be able to fix this bug, which has been present for at least 1 year or maybe even longer

This is 1 of the last 2 bugs remaining with Shift-queue attacks, the other one being that melee units break their shift queue as soon as they initiate an attack

Hey, thx everyone for the reports, this issue is now being tracked.

1 Like

This is still happening on the newest patch.

This bug has finally been fixed! We can all rejoice now!