Shock hand infantry is overperforming very hard

We need nerfs for the hand shock infantry class
Give anti cav / hand shock inf and cav unit same multiplier as vs normal hand cav/ heavy cav

They are 1 pop and are worth more than 2 huss a bit because when a huss loses half its hp it doesn’t loose half its attack. Shock inf are always this weird math of either being inferior to huss until they hit a critical mass and then punch above their stats. Given they are mostly on civs without artillery, its ok. I wouldn’t nerf this and instead focus on other issues such as massing (maybe aztec gets them too fast?) or cost a pinch before we just go and nuke an entire class of units.

6 Likes

i dont wanna nuke a unit class i just want the counters to be more clear. shock inf have insane pathing and is generally doing great fighting a musk army while a musk vs huss army just loses hard
(in medium masses)

Melee shock infantry have less HP then melee Cavalry as well as other stats so if you give Ranged Cavalry and Heavy Infantry the same exact attack bonus against them then that would be a huge nerf to melee shock infantry making the civs that need to use those units suffer greatly. Melee shock infantry don’t need to be nerfed especially that kind of nerf. There is a reason why damage against them has never been the same.

Generally musk huss is a problem for age2 inca and aztecs as well as shotel/gascenya so I dont see this being really true. Late game chimus or coyote are a different beast but thats a scaling issue. Usually thr issue is shock infantry can mass hard before most civs get goons out or their own better mass of musk huss. Musk husk beats bow or pike chimu, coyote slinger, shotel and gascenya.

I would again much rather them look at specific timings and cards then blanket nerfs

1 Like

They also have far less range resist.

PS: Shotels actually need their nerf undone or maybe buffed…they were basically shock infantry lancers that weren’t very good.

Really?

I’ve kinda said it before, but basically the design of shock infantry means they are better into their counters and worse into the things they are supposed to counter. They kinda stand up to heavy infantry ok, but get bodied by skirms and artillery. Its kinda dumb to make them take normal penalties from skirms, when their base hp and ranged armour are so mediocre. Yeah they have great pathing, but once fights get big then they fall off hard. I don’t know the correct resolution, as I dont think the units need a nerf but possibly a rework to improve their armour/hp and remove the differing multis.

3 Likes

spahi doesnt seem like a fair opponent since they shredd everything

21 I know.
Just use Otto and you will laugh at shock hand inf in the future.

1 Like

You can say that literally about basically the whole unique roster of the ottoblob.

It’s not even funny how certain units in it overperform.

1 Like

they could just make them cost 2 pop, have similar HP as hussars and slightly higher armor to compensate for the slightly lower speed.

problem solved

you mean make them hussars that pikes are 40% worse against? I’m sure that would work out well

1 Like

I was implying that, if they implement the changes I suggested, they would ALSO give ranged_cav and heavy_inf the same bonuses against them as against regular melee_cav.

Otherwise it would be absurd.

i agree with this almost same or same multipliers

Terrible just terrible so now they will be much worse then Russia’s Cossacks which are 1 pop Melee Cavalry. Shock Infantry should not be made to be a 2 pop unit ever.

1 Like

That improved pathing is compensatory for reduced performance against cannons and skirmishers before you hit critical mass.

If Coyotes and Chimus (less so) were any worse, boy oh boy would their civs not have a fun time.