Should AoE IV be free to try just like AoE III?

Same could be said for all aoe games then, since all games go from base game to DLC

Okay, now looking it rationally, theres a reason on why when aoe4 was first shown, the first and main concern was neither the graphics, the setting , etc… it was about if the game would have microtransactions.

And im glad we have not RECIEVED microtransactions (well i think aoe3 has some) but lets be honest no-one buys stuff from that.

A game that recently brought microtransactions is CoH3 and meanwhile im not an expert in the coh franchise, i see how A LOT of fans were disgusted with the introduction of an ingame store in coh3 .

Aoe is one of the last games to feature no microtransactions at all and thats good, i think aoe4 did already great in bussiness without microtransactions

being the number 1 top seller in steam for 2 weeks in its full price and magazines saying it sold really well, i dont think we need microtransactions in the future, i think we are good as we are, they just need to do more DLC instead of focusing their efforts into mythology stuff (map monsters) and the list goes by.

Dont get me wrong i love the in game events, i just think they are badly designed, we could for example have events in wich each civilization recieves a new limited time unit for all civs (ofc a MEDIEVAL, not fantasy unit)

AoE sold for being AoE and for taking a long time without leaving one. There were many complaints about the starting price.

A free Game that is released with microtransactions (well planned) is usually more complete and with higher quality than one without.

And as a saying goes in Spain to show a strong point of view “It’s what I think and I don’t get off this ship”.

As a spaniard its funny because i have not heard that before but hey! its a good one at least.

Sure, 60 bucks is a lot but at the end of the day it sold pretty well

Im not so sure about that, often a free game with microtransactions are a way of getting money to further support or gain money for a game that is not worth the price, aoe3 is worth the 20 bucks imo

1 Like

If you pay before trying the product or pre-order a game of this style, it is likely that it will be incomplete and you would have to wait months and years to “the complete game”, because you have already paid.

If a Triple A game is free with microtransactions, they are obligated to offer you quality so that you continue to consume the product.

1 Like

aoe4 having micro means that the game REALLY FAILED on being profitable and retain players which is DESERVED for all previous flaws thta wasn’t been solved for a long time.

It didn’t have them until they were put in AoE 3 with the hero skins…

It’s not that it had a slow death, but since the launch of the dlc last year it was stagnant in terms of players and content… and since this year it seems that there will be no dlc for AoE 3 because Retold is being developed, well they said "And if we put a trial version? to give you a bit of life with the European unit reskin patch and there you have it…

Don’t be like that, I still hope they put another Asian dlc with Persia and Korea or Oman…

1 Like

This is a nice way to define what I said, a slow death.

前不久relic才大量裁員,而現在又要求遊戲免費。

難怪已經有人在期待AOE5了,而且還期待是AOE3的重製,甚至是在AOE4的板上討論。

Im sorry but i cant understand you , aoe4 has no microtransactions lol and it probably wont because it ALREADY did sold pretty well.

I know, but to be fair aoe3 DE was a sinking boat that suddendly went back to float with the free game thing.

it didnt because player numbers still stagnant and the need of rerelease the game as an anyversary edition and the multiples sales reduction.

1 Like

Reddit - Dive into anything

Age of Empires 4 tops Steam’s weekly bestsellers | PCGamesN

1 Like

only 1 month because the 70 k drop drastically after that one which is supported by steamcharts. remneber thje 70k to 20? that says everything. the articles only mentioned the 70 k.

1 Like

i said THAT IT SOLD WELL, not anything related to numbers, read franknezu READ.

2 Likes

Also those numbers are normal, but that’s literally never acknowledged, so there’s barely any point repeating it haha.

1 Like

I hope the alleged upcoming announcement for aoe4 is we’re getting 2 new civs for FREE if you already have a purchased copy aoe4 AND moving forward the standard copy of aoe4 (10 factions) will now be free to play!!!

This will ramp up our player base and exposure and they can use DLCs and singleplayer scenario and skins to generate future revenue!!! Also they can get aid revenue as well using the in game newsfeed that everyone sees when they first launch the game, heck include the add while we search for games (that’s an ez 10s to 5min ad window)!!

I think that will effect performance issues for low-end users.
So I would not recommend it.
But I do agree with DLC and the free-to-play approach.
Casuals like me spend lots of money on DLC. In Total War: Warhammer3, I bought all DLC’s to play its campaign and try new units etc.
And that makes 5 times the price of the main game xD

1 Like

It’s not going to die anyway, unlike 1 DE…

And how good it came…

Imagine the Paradox games xd…

1 Like

I love how people keep saying this AoE game is a failure or dead even they all accept AoE 1 de have active player bases. Like yes AoE 4 had a massive player drop but it was a hyped game so that is expected, it sold well and got good reviews so it is not a failure or a dead game. Same goes for AoE 3 de it is not dead either just a smaller game and it wasn’t a sinking ship.

2 Likes

Yes, there are games that will never die, they are AoE games, including spinoffs…