Should Oceania civs be available in AOE3 DE?

I made a proposal a while back for an Australian revolution for the British, French, and Dutch, to replace the US revolution. Australia - #7 by TheSquidEmpire

I think ideally we would get a half dozen Australian and oceanic maps, an Australian revolution option, a bunch of polynesian and Indigenous Australian minor civs, and a small campaign or set of historical battles set in the region. That would be my dream “south pacific” update.

Maps I would like
  • Daintree → rainforest with coral coast teeming with fish and crocodiles.
  • Van Dieman’s Land → A large heavily forested island with a vital coastal trade route at the north. Everyone starts at the South, or even just with settlers in a boat kinda like a nomad start.
  • Auralia → Goldfields and the Nullabor, rocky map with coast along the south and NO TREES but a lot of gold mines. There would have to be some map gimmick to supply wood, like everyone starts with a market or there are crates scattered around.
  • Pohnpei → A tiny island where players start really close to each other for a quick, brutal game.
  • Fiordland → A cold coast rising to huge snowy mountains with forest in-between.
  • Solomon Islands → Each player gets a small island to start on and there are numerous other small islands scattered around for settling
1 Like