Should the "Sipahis" be renamed to its historically accurate name the "Deli"

So here is the Elite “Sipahi” look like in the game

Then here’s the Deli Light Cavalry

Meanwhile the knight line of the Ottomans are the true Kapikulu Sipahis
####################################################################

and here’s the one from the Royal Armories

Somehow my Ottoman knight line screenshot doesn’t show up, but I’m sure we know how it looks like

3 Likes

Yeah Definitely they should be renamed to match their accurate counterparts.

1 Like

tbh, they should just rename then.
Rename Knights into Sepahi and Sepahi into Deli, I can’t really see why this should be a problem.

A small detail, but for the sake of keeping things historically RELEVANT (not realistic). small things like this should be corrected asap. Because it does give the wrong historical impression. (Yes yes, this is a video game, but keeping things historical Relevant is just as important to prevent future mis-interpitation. Kids grow up with games, get the fake impression that all Dwarves speak english with a scottish accent, and get horrified when they realise IRL dwarves don’t have scottish accent, and not as bulky, nor have magnifiscent beards, i’m not talking from personal experience.)

4 Likes

Ottomans have knight but there werent knights at Turkish military culture. Knights should be called Sipahi. Sipahi should be called Deli Cav. This will give the more immersion.

3 Likes

Exactly this, they show historical documentaries on their campaigns like “look at us, we’re trying to get as close to historical accuracy as possible” but then trip to something like this. It’s not too late though, they could change it easy since it’s just a name change. It would be a shame to see another Arbalester “Archer of the Eyes” case.