Should this game be playable on Windows 7/8? or Windows 10 only?

The “Windows 10 only” fad needs to end, who agrees?

It is most likely a windows 10 game only. Why? Because windows 10 is the spyware of the NSA and they want everybody to use windows 10.

I’d be disappointed if it weren’t compatible with Windows 7, I prefer it to Windows 10.

The “Windows 10 only” fad needs to end, who agrees?

I don’t. MS is the publisher and Win10 is their newest and best supported OS, given to all of you completely free. Even now you can still get it for free.

Support the evolution and tech progress and go get it. They will release newer ones tomorrow, what are you gonna do then? Keep rooting for 7?
Better wish to be the game playable in the future OS of MS than in the older ones.

And i don’t see a reason to be available to Linux either. MS is a business and has a great chance to bring more people under its umbrella with the renown AoE franchise.

There’s a chance AoE IV will release after the end of extended support for Windows 7 on January 14, 2020. It is highly unlikely Microsoft would release a new game for an unsupported operating system.

Windows 8 is no longer supported.

Windows 8.1 support would be good, however according to the latest April 2018 Steam survey only 4% of Steam users still use this operating system.

Windows 10 only makes the most sense right now and for the foreseeable future.

MS already declared years ago that Windows 7 would not receive any more official support. That includes, I suspect, new programs.

Personally, I’m okay with this. It’s fine by me if they just focus on support and, if need be (who are we kidding, it WILL be needed) bug fixing on one OS rather than a bunch of them.

If this poll is about personal preference, then yes all major platform should get this game (yes, including Linux, it is better than macOS), except consoles (I don’t like consoles).

From business point of view, Win 10. Let me explain why I say that. Microsoft will be dealing with one OS when it will come to patching; one OS, one troubleshooting step is out of the box when it will come to that. Notice, there are 1000s of different of configuration in computer systems to begin with. And since no body pay attention to system requirements these days, even integrated graphics have enough power to run a game in lowest setting now a days, no matter the requirements. Heck there are players who play new games on a 4-5 year old machine, and when they can’t run it, they say game is badly optimized, no bozo, your don’t have freaking operating system it needs, even if you have the hardware (indie games off course, AAA games are out of the question). And it needs to be in MS Store, because there they will make more profit to sell ratio and hopefully at the end, we gamers might get benefits of affordable dlcs or ■■■■ even free dlcs and updates.

From players perspective, it needs to be in 4 top most used OS. Win 10, Win 7, Win 8, Linux. And we need a game which is very optimized and beautifully designed, and has a best RTS gameplay, and doesn’t matter the graphics. It also, if may I say, needs to be on Steam and in a MS preferred store. Why? There are some indoctrinated folks who won’t leave Lord Gaben’s lap, even though they know in their heart that Lord has created a DRM monopoly (MS store is not a DRM, it acts similarly to GOG galaxy, Win 10 is in fact a DRM, and about 500 million run this already, which is X4 than Steam) over the years and even though lord has a ton of money, Steam client itself hasn’t seen a lot of changes (don’t even let me start with their own underwhelming inhouse produced games)….sorry I got off track…so unfortunately I hate DRM clients, I would still want to see it in Steam because they have a player base who like RTS, like me, or there are also some gamers, who buy games just to show off their digital collection, lol.

From a die-hard fanboy perspective, don’t give a crap, AOE 4 is here after 10 years of licking mr. Gate’s boot, boy oh boy, I am gonna play AOE 4, even if it is an android exclusive.

Can anyone tell if Age of Empires 4 will be on Windouws 7 and 8?

@BeetleRock20367 said:

this is the link of the trailer of AoE4: at the end of the trailer, on a blue screen, the word “Windows 10” appears.

@BeetleRock20367 said:

Stop spamming that.

Agreed that this will probably end up being Win10 only because of included features of the game that require the latest “Feature Update’s”, meaning 1709.

@BornHaas said:
Agreed that this will probably end up being Win10 only because of included features of the game that require the latest “Feature Update’s”, meaning 1709.

I do not understand this well?

But if I understand this, age of empires 4 will go to WIN 7 and 8?

I still have no clear answer if yes or no WIN 7.8

NO

@BeetleRock20367 said:

@BornHaas said:

I do not understand this well?

But if I understand this, age of empires 4 will go to WIN 7 and 8?

No.

W10 only. It makes the most sense in every regard.