Shrivamsha Rider is weirdly designed and (likely) underpowered

The simulator is outdated, if you want a truthful result you will need to either do both tests in-game or both with a newly updated simulator.

And now take that and imagine that Shrivamsha Riders will take next to no damage from them. It’s calling for a nerf tbh.

The sim has all the DE release civs, its not outdated at all for Knight vs Crossbow fight

Now let me ask you, where did you get that number

Cavalry is rarely hit by mangonels anyway, since they are so mobile and can close the gap so quickly and just kill them

Though this doesn’t account to pro level games with heavy micro.

These two are never going to understand… that Shrivamsha is just a Light Cav
leave it
Shrivamsha is going the SL way

Bottom line, the unit will be far from underpowered and actually needed to tune down a little if its gimmick turns out to be broken.
At least I can agree on the “weirdly designed” part of original post.

I showed you two tests:

5 Kts vs 15 Xbows - 1 Knight lost on average (rest all healthy) - Aoe2sim (60F 75G LOST)
8 Shrivamsha vs 15 Xbows - 3 Shrivamsha lost on average (one nearly dead) - SoTL test (210F 60G LOST)

And you still say the unit is neede to tune down???

I mean, even then a knight that has been hit by a mangonel still has more HP than a Shrivamsha Rider 11

1 Like

He wont listen even when shown the numbers… he has trolled before, leave him its a waste of time

Your test is skewed to begin with since the total resources for a Shrivamsha are 72 and for a Crossbow 70. The numbers don’t add up.
Also using 2 different kinds of tests to compare 2 units is more than shady.

1 Like

But you nearly get 2 Shrivamsha Riders for 1 Knight after the Gurjara military discount. Balance still needs to be a thing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That needs a castle first

1 Like

Simulators are not perfect lol, do those tests in game.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised that instead of fixing Attack Move, devs released Shrivamsha Riders instead to beat Attack Move, since they won’t get fully focused down that way and the ability recharges fast.

@PrepaidThyme742 can you just stop spamming and start multi-quoting your posts especially when you don’t write anything useful?

With no micro, you might get those knight results sure, but you’re also ignoring that Shrivamsha Riders are faster (less dragged down by pathing) and the shield that recharges.

You also can’t really use SotL’s test to say anything about ‘average’, you saw one fight. It’s not a statistical conclusions and you definitely can’t make conclusions from SotL’s video that is literally called ‘unique unit quicktake’. It is a quick test, but not something that holds up as proof that it needs buffs or nerfs. And it isn’t something to bombard everyone over and over with citing the exact same flawed tests or flawed simulators.

I would expect pro players to test the new civs out during this week of early access and share their thoughts on the units then, but even pro players often miss the point of units or don’t learn new civs well (Liereyy often didn’t, for example).

You’re reducing all discussion into hysterics and it is stifling any meaningful debate about whether the unit is or isn’t good. Especially when your understanding of the game boils down to flawed idea about what pro players actually do with micro, like in this:

Attack Move for Archer-line is the only way pro players micro archers, if you want to hear pro players’ opinions on that look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcwoO8EZEQA

3 Likes

Judging from previous posts I sense an obsession with Indian civs here and wanting all of them to be buffed at all cost, disregarding balance.

Pro players focus fire and then move the archers… repeat… repeat

Sorry but that only appears to early Feudal Age and at most late Feudal, or dealing with Onagers in rare cases.

To quote you,

See my last post for details. Stop spreading misinformation.

And it WILL appear in dealing with Shrivamsha for sure, I guarantee you. When you focus fire, Shrivamsha is just the same as a Light Cav if not worse (1 less PA)