Siege tower healing units

Hello,

Siege tower are not use much and it should be great if siege tower like tower heal units.
It’s logical, not overkill and offer new way to use them.

2 Likes

While I understand the motivation, i don’t think this feature fits with Siege tower. Because while stone towers are defensive buildings, siege towers are offensive siegecreaft.
Imo there is no logical to give it healing ability. Its only purpose is jump walls, that’s all.
I 'd love to see more interesting walls mechanics that let siege tower shine, but that is an engine limitation.

Something i don’t like of ST is that, once you jump a wall, you can`t get back from you come. So, what if when a siege tower “attacks” a gate, it gives the control of the gate until you move the ST, ungarrison the units inside* or it dies?

*Note: To make it more less exploitable, a condition for take a gate would be that ST should have at least 10 units garrisoned. This way, you can’t take a gate just with a ST and let your kts in. You at least need to invest in 10 foot units, or vils.

4 Likes

i like the idea of converting the gate until the siege tower dies

3 Likes

No its not,buildings healing people inside is logical as you can give first aid inside a covered protective area.A siege tower is used to breach enemy walls so you will not have time to give first aid to people or the space.

3 Likes

It is not meaningful to argue whether it is logical. Monks healing during the fight is not logical.

But I believe allowing more garrison slots will be much more useful.

1 Like

Siege towers should be able to fire arrows when garrisoned. That’s how they were used. However, they should be vulnerable to units with flaming arrows/projectiles.Thats how we can balance them.

2 Likes

But only range units or vils, like towers.
Teutons bonus could add siege tower to the infantry firing arrows bonus

1 Like