Siege towers should block projectiles

So, a year ago (around the time of the tueton challenge scenario) when t-west released his video on how the aoe2 engine actually has a height stat and how rams can block srrors from castles for villagers repairing behind, on this forum we discussed how this mechanic could be used to make siege towers more interesting.

Interestingly the hussite wagons projectile blocking more or less is exactly what was discused and proposed for the siege tower back then.

I would like to porose extending that mechanic to the more or less overly niche and unused siege tower. Let them block projectiles too!

3 Likes

Great idea but that will take out the uniqueness of the hussite wagon.

1 Like

Did battle elefants, destroy the uniques of War elefants?

Did kipchacks destroy the uniwuness of chu ku Nu?

Did hussite waggons destroy the uniwuness of Korean War wagons or organ guns extra bullets?

Did Malian champs destroy the uniwness of huskarls?

Did Burmese champs destroy the uniwness of aztec garland wars?

IF the answer to these is no, so should be this proposal in my opinion.

1 Like

If rams can already block arrows, siege towers should be able too they even can’t attack, so how they will take away the uniqueness of the h wagon haha

1 Like

hussite wagon does not even block arrows dude. mangonels and rams each block arrows from towers and castles and town centers. hussite wagon just halves the damage of arrows that go right over it and hit their intended target

1 Like

Read the original post.

Interestingly the hussite wagons projectile blocking more or less is exactly what was discused and proposed for the siege tower back then.
I would like to porose extending that mechanic to the more or less overly niche and unused siege tower. Let them block projectiles too!

I agree that siege towers are 1 tile higher and can block arrows from buildings like rams do
That would be all

(I would dare to even propose that the garrisoned archers have the Siege Tower shoot arrows at a very small attack, but I’m not sure about this)

1 Like

Im also fine if its like a ram or even better but not make it like a hussite wagon like the original poster is suggesting.

1 Like

Agree, HW have a very unique mechanic (very cool and new BTW) but Siege Tower is a very different unit and has a very different role

1 Like