Played Demeter the other day and it was a bit jarring that Orpheus is no longer a ranged unit. I viewed the patch notes and there was no notion of this.
A rather odd choice I’d say, but thx.
They reworked Orpheus instead of reworking trash units like Siren or Harpy or a trash gp like Wither for no apparent reason.
TBH I like this, I think he was overperforming. and the only counter to him were ranged units. Now both meele and ranged units have a chance against him.
They could’ve nerfed his special ability against myth units or his stats, but what we got instead is just plain nonsense imo, unless they’re planning to replace his special ability with something else.
a “fantasy guy” with an instrument attacks in melee… i don’t know if i like that chane. i would have rather like to see a nerf to his aura instead. the aura is a cool idea but i think him being range just fitted better.
maybe bst scenario (which we won’t get):
move Orpheus to herioic, remove Icarus and replace Orpheus with Penthesilea (since we already have amazons now as units)
I agree that his traits, such as being a ranged hero with a special ability and low stats (compared to other greek heroes), was a fitting and unique combination for sure.
He was such a cool support unit, unlike abominations that are supposed to be “support” units like the Siren, which could’ve been 10x cooler than what we got in the end…