Skirmishers need nerf

Before last pach archer had a window to win game with harrasing woodlines and attacking before walling finish but now, it is not posible.

Hmm now im curious. Pls send a replay or your ingame name so i can look them up myself. If you dont feel comfortable doing it publicly send me a DM.

1 Like

Their name is the same as on here. They haven’t played a ranked 1v1 in over a year, so I’d be interested in seeing where they are getting this high quality evidence from.

4 Likes

Oh, OK. Yeah hmm got it

Just because your rush didn’t work doesn’t mean they need to be nerfed. Don’t always make the same unit every time. Sometimes mix in some other units to cover their weakness. A few scouts can take care of skirmishers while the archers kill the spearmen for example.

If you’re not in position to attack just boom for a little so you can invest in additional resources to produce better units.

1 Like

Dude, why people in this from giving advice when you say a problem. This like ‘’ If you dont have a house just buy a house ‘’. Ofc i know what i will do, this not the point. The point is archers have very narrow play time and archer play totaly weak so nerfing skirmsihers can give a chance for archer player. 1 barrack production pikemen cant counter 2 stable product knights but 1 range product can counter 2 range product archers. At least it must be 2-3 or something.

Since skirm cost food unlike archers he already delay his castle age if he start to mass them.
And skirm vs archers is already really hard to balance since just the fact +1 range and attack archers can destroy skirm if they dont get it on time.

What a stupid statement.

2 Likes

Skirms cost food archers dont. thats the thing
 You scream nerf for something that isnt even a problem. You dont want advice? Fine, then i dont know what you are doing here. I asked several times for evidence of your claim but you refuse to provide. How do you expect someone to take your request sirious when it only feels like a rant because you lost?
knights cost food and gold pikemen cost food and wood. See what the theme is here? Food is in general harder to get. Archers only costing wood and gold and are therefor easy to mass and produce. Skirms cost wood and food, die to anything but archers and arent really useful offensivly in feudal age. I dont see how they need are nerf.

2 Likes

I also think that skirm vs archers is properly balanced:

• in critical mass (with micro) or with one more age upgrade, archers win
  • archers cost no food, which is important in early game and help aging up early
  • at decent number or without micro skirm win
  • as an archer player you can add a couple of scouts to stomp skirms, and skirms cannot run away and must die (spears can run away from archers and skirms)
  • archers when played can act as the core of your army until mid imperial, whereas you wont achieve much with skirms as the core of your army

Anyways there is a lot of debate about archers. Some say xbows are too strong, other that xbows are too weak, compared what they should be.

3 Likes

Skirm doesn’t need nerf. Period.

3 Likes

Why do you guys engage on who is right or who is wrong without showing ur current level, theory is nothing but theory, scouts+archs beats man at arms and skirms for sure, but you need time and numbers, while m@a rush is faster and the skirms and one spear might get way faster than your archers even at ur own base, everything on this game is about RTS in other words real time strategy, so the guy above is right man at arms became more popular than scout like 8 years ago because of their fast pressure and how fast they can gain map control.

While you might be fine defending with few quickwalls and fighting with vills+sc to beat those man at arms and skirms you might have spent more resources and delayed ur up by a lot while anyone doing man at arms+few skirms can reach castle age min 20 and finish you.

Man at arms opening is probably the most common build order from 1200 to 2000 in 1x1, above 2k they go for the counterplay trying to predict the enemy also take in consideration that higher elo players can rely on their micro and quick walls but the larger player base just can’t.

Anyway skirmishers are not the issue but the man at arms efficiency on early stages.