Slow loading of saves list

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.34699.0 0)
  • Platform (Microsoft Store)
  • Hardware - 16GB RAM, SSD drive, Intel Core i5-8400, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Issue:

Hello!
I am having trouble with really long (like 1-2 minute or even more) loading, every time I open list of my saved games. Either in loading or saving. Once the list is loaded - it all goes smoothly, game runs fine. It is not the end of the world, but it is frustrating… does not make much sense to me, since list of saves could be cached easily, I guess…
Don’t know if this is a known optimization bug (did not find it anywhere here though) or if it is issue on my side.
Does anyone have that problem? I have a lot of saves/replayes on cloud, so maybe deleting them all? I would do it, if I knew it would help.

Thanks a lot for help!
Michal

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open a game
  2. Click “Saves & Replays”
  3. Observe how long it takes to load the list :slight_smile:

P.S. If anyone else has this issue, please let me know too.

10 Likes

I have the same issue on it. ‘Save and Load’ is too slow, sometimes it takes more than 1 minute. I don’t know why and want to solve it, too!

1 Like

Its because it is loaded from cloud every darn time :frowning:
So more saves you have, more data must be downloaded each time you click on load, therefore potentially slower it gets.

1 Like

To save of the scenario was always in a few seconds in the past years. But since a few weeks ago to save takes circa 5 minutes. I have internet speed of 60 MB/s download and 30 MB/s upload. So the internet connection is not problem. What is the solution?

1 Like

Same issue for me. I have a book on hand so I can read it whilst waiting for the saves to load…

1 Like

Same here :-/
It takes minutes to load a game.

Same issue here, its getting frustraiting, no fix so far. Playing the game is supposed to be fun!

Try deleting old saves or moving them to some different folder where you’d want to back them up. Too many saves and replays can do that

1 Like

Especially consider deleting old replays, because every new patch makes old replays unplayable anyway. There is only point in keeping replays which were created after latest patch.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Deleting or moving files doesn‘t make a difference for me, maybe deleting save games would do. But I feel it should not be my duty as player to repeatedly go through my saves and delete them.
I expect the devs to find a better solution for this. Many games have cloud saves without this problem.

It is because it is downloaded from cloud every time… it is bad optimalization - they could simply solve it that saves are cached on disk and only synced with cloud on change - Steam/GOG is doing it this way

This sounds very silly. Especially since there is a local folder, that contains all saves. Why would the game redownload every file even if it already exists?
How is it even possible that such a big bug, that makes this part of the game barely usable, is not discovered during testing?

1 Like

It does not redownload the game every time, but it does check all the names every time. So, if someone changed his name you’ll see the new name in the replay.

But I don’t think it’s a good thing, the other day I was looking for a game and I wasn’t able to find it because the other player changed his name.

This is still an issue in the latest build (40220). Loading the list of saved/recorded games takes a very long time and causes high CPU usage, even on a fast PC.

1 Like

Yes, issue is still occurring. I fear the moment i have to load a different save, because that’s a solid 10 minutes of waiting.

I didn’t know many people had this issue. I’ve had it for months.

I also have this issue. Its quite annoying.

1 Like

Hmmm, I ran the game after some time, couple updates got downloaded, completely new and confusing UI… new DLC in store tempts me… so I was hoping… but nope… still can make myself coffee while waiting for list of saves to load.
Like why? There are just bunch of files inside folder, its just rendering simple list. Plus syncing it with cloud via some API and some polling here and there.
Is game running simulations for galaxies colliding or tests on COVID vaccine in background or what?

I have this issue as well.

Still getting this issue - moved to Saved Games to another Drive but still on the Cloud so slow