So is the game dead now by the ridiculous management?

To me I never feel this forum is healthy, most of the users seems pretty toxic here.

What’s the point when a competitive game lots the fairness?
Why hackers can easily kill the games? (we see a lot of examples in other games)
Why there are many people hate those heavy in app purchase games?

It’s all about fairness. No one will ever play a game which is totally unfair.
It’s not about win or lose, it’s just not even competitive which no fun in it. It’s wasting time.

LAMO, Below capture is very classic how people are like to turn things in complicated way which is not tackling the real problem.

They made the calculation and then what?
Can this stop the smurf? No. It’s just reduce the advantages of using smurf in TG (and it’s not 100% elimiate the impacts at all)
How about if someone just keep making smurf to push the team?
How about the smurf in solo?

I really wonder why these kinds of thoughts will be the trend over there.

==================================================================

so this cheater is top 10 now?
Cheating in 95 games and he’s still able to play, not getting banned.
It starts to make me curious if this is kind of a strategy to boost the sales of AOE4?

2 Likes

he’s #3 now :man_facepalming: . they really should delete that guy, this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

THis is so embarassing :smiley: Every other game would’ve baned him in an hour.

1 Like

Seems to be gone now.
But there is at least one more guy with extremely fishy win rate (92%), with more than 50 games, that’s currently climbing the 1v1 leaderboards.

I’ve seen reports of various cheats/hacks in 2 DE on here for a long time. It is still using a very old engine that has serious failings, with the ease of cheating, and the bottlenecking of all players by the weakest PC being two of them. I think 4 IS basically their long term solution to these problems, and they’ve tried to make it sufficiently similar to 2 that players of 2 can move across to it. Personally, I hated 4 at first, but as I’ve played it more, it has come to feel more and more like an evolution of 2, and I don’t mind the differences as much. It does still need some enhancements from where it is now such as better hotkey functionality, scenario editor, global production queue. I don’t think that this cheating is specifically a way to sell 4, more that 2 has had these failings for a long time and 4 is their solution.

Yes, i also bought the xbox game pass to try as well, as i dont really found myself enjoy this game anymore recently

Reading title: AOE 2 is dead

Meanwhile current players:

3 Likes

Right now there are 990 games running and 50 games hosted in lobby, those are the real numbers,that is what matters, if aoe2-net could tell you exactly the number of active players you will see that 15k players aren’t reflected into the active player base that actually contributes to the MP experience.

If you multiply those 1000 games x8 players, you are still at 8k players in the imaginary scenario where people only plays 4x4 and not 1x1 or smaller teams vs bots, even giving you the maximum possible, there are still 7k players doing nothing.

funny enough to let the game die the numbers should be under 5k including sp player because not only mp player count to keep the game alive but sp player count too

even if the majority are mp players

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is an intended try to get people playing aoe4. Not gonna work with me

You know it sounds crazy, but in reality the game has gone right down the sh***er. It is like they don’t want us to play the game. First random matchmaking errors, with error messages that are NO help at all in troubleshooting, then these random errors cause a prolonged BAN from playing the game in multiplayer, then the BAN becomes ever longer and longer the more error messages you get, desperately trying to match with the new system.

I wouldn’t be surprised if my cooldowns will be hours tomorrow, maybe even days next week as I am furoiously trying to play the game. I got like 20 cooldowns just the past week, trying to play the game. But 50% of the time I find a lobby, it counts down to 00:10 or maybe even 00:00 if im lucky and then BAM. COOLDOWN!

This game is AMAZING. Its the best game I played for 20 years! But man microsoft sure knows how to ruin their own products. I think its called deprecation when you purposefully make something unusable like this.

1 Like

At this time zone, there are 452 games running and 24 games hosted in the lobby, those numbers are quite similar to old voobly MP.

So yeah the game doesn’t have a healthy population to support match making anymore, the numbers i posted in the morning where for the european time zone which is the maximum and there were like 4k real players at his best.

If the devs think that keep punishments is doing any good, well the numbers have finally proved the truth and no it is not aoe4, they have abandoned the game for so long.

Not necessarily. Say, in Team Fortress 2 you can safely cheat for several weeks straight even if you instakill everyone in sight and agressively make everybody know that you are a hacker. And TF2 has much larger playerbase than AoE 2. At least in Steam.

Well, this info is useless without stats for previous years. Judging by steamcharts, the playerbase is fairly stable.

1 Like

I think the games has hugely improved since DE first came out, and huuuuugely improved in comparison to HD. In terms of bugs, general gameplay, balance and performance. And I’d say a huge effort is put into solving issues and most major issues were solved in the past.

I don’t think that the existance of a hacker means “ridiculous management”, and I’m pretty sure the team would take care of it if became a big issue.

Let’s be respectful of people’s work

2 Likes

nobody its going to be respectful when the work is crap

1 Like

the exists of hackers without permanent ban, if you are telling me this is a right arrangement, there’s no further discussion then.

I am pointing active multiplayer numbers, i don’t care about people with the game open inflating the number of players, they don’t play, they don’t sum to the active pool, they are the ones useless for the community in the short-long term.

If you can’t understand those numbers, let me be clear, the game has not enough players for the match making anymore the experience goes to hell in non european times, that is the real explanation of those disgusting matches with 1k elo difference, for whatever reason they have stopped playing, the numbers before that were 2k games running.

Last night at 3 am there were only 390 games running, game is now dying.

Acting as if the game is dying is absolutely stupid. Seriously, theres no game that can die when theres plenty of people playing at it and they are releasing successful new content.

We are just at the moment of release of AoE4. In some time we will be back to normal unless the Hack problem escalates out of control.

1 Like