So when are we getting basic RTS features

seeing the map after the game and post game stats has been a thing in all the relic games using the essence engine, it most likely got removed intentionally for some reason

1 Like

The ability to pause a multiplayer game is an absolutely must. Spend any time at all playing 1v1 games online and you will understand this. It goes double for a game that can last upwards of an hour; do you want to lose a game because a package arrived at the door requiring a signature one hour into a competitive game?

Alternatively, would you feel good about taking a win from a guy just because his mouse’s battery died one hour into a game? When you could have let him pause for 30 seconds and swap out the battery?

Or what about friendly games? Are you cool with friendly multiplayer games being ruined by random RL events? Oops, sorry about that 4v4 team match, a dog barfed on someone’s rug, the game is now ruined. Better luck next weekend.

It’s a basic necessity, and it’s bizarre that they left it out.

Of course your opponent can unpause at any time, and some a$$holes will do that. But most are actually reasonable.

Some things I’d love to see added as a long time RTS player:

• Full unit cards to let us see all units currently selected for better Micro. This is available in AoE2 and SC2.

• Patrol command for units

• In-game mouse sensitivity slider (I’d consider this to be a standard feature for PC games, let alone RTS)

• 3 second countdown at match start (ala SC2)

• Ability to veto maps in quick match. Many people just drop the match when they get a water map, just let them veto it to avoid this issue.

• A button to jump straight into replay after a match, or at least reveal the map

4 Likes

You aren’t supposed to know what your opponent’s civ is before picking yours…

1 Like

Unlike SC2 Aoe2 in example will show the randomly picked Civ in the loading screen.

I just dont want to have to pick a specific Civ all the time is all.

Yeah but that is still after you have made your choice.

Oh is that what that guy is talking about? Maybe he just didn’t understand how it works in AoE.

• Stand ground, offensive and defensive stances. For god’s sake.