[SOLVED FOR NOW] FPS Lags in singleplayer and multiplayer games after anniversary update

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Here is the problem, I’m experiencing huge fps lags starting at minute 0 in singleplayer and multiplayer games. This issue started right after the anniversary update. If i tab out and then tab in the game will run smooth for a good two seconds and immediately start lagging again. Its only fps lag and not internet lag. However, benchmark runs extremely smooth and therefore gets me a 1202 result.
This issue never happended to me before. My game always used to run smooth based on fps. Reinstalling and validating game files didn´t work nor did the newest hotfix released 24.11.20.

EDIT: just noticed i even have fps drops in the main menue!

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the game
  2. Start a singleplayer/multiplayer game

Thank you in advance for your replies!
Greetings.

EDIT: FIXED THIS ISSUE BY COMPLETELY REINSTALLING MY RADEON SOFTWARE PROGRAMME AND EVERYTHING ELSE FOR MY GPU. REMINDER: I SAW SOME OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM USING RADEON/AMD HAVING PERFORMANCE ISSUES AS WELL.

Hey there! I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can collect your game logs and help us dig into the issue:

If you have not already, you can also work through these steps to see if they improve your experience:

I hope that helps, and hope we hear from you! :+1:

1 Like

Hello there!
Just submitted a request and read through the stuff you posted.
Thank you really much for the quick response and support. I really appreciate it. ^
Hope you guys can help me fix this problem hence my hopes are high. :slight_smile:

Have a good one!

Hey one important thing real quick: i tried playing on the patch before the anniversary patch using the beta code and my game is also lagging on that beta patch. I also tried playing aoe 3 DE to see if that lags as well but aoe3 DE works perfectly without any lags or issues at all.

I seriously don´t get whats wrong with my aoe 2 de. I didn´t change anything on my pc at all.