Some ideas inspired by recent gaming experiences

Yes. I don’t expect those experimental ideas to come anytime soon. However, other ideas, such as rockets or Aztec cards, are easier to apply and have more urgent needs.

Exactly. As I suggested before.

I doubt the devs are willing to make the Mexican’s trait less special to help other civs’ livestock mechanic.

Japanese Isolation can need a lot of changes, especially their units and Meiji Restoration.

I don’t like that they made Yamabushi a consulate unit instead of a religious unit. It is not a good design to use mercenaries as consulate units, so there are many similar versions of ninja-like units (Shinobi, Ninja, Ninjutsu-Zukai) and samurai-like units (Samurai, Wokou Ronin, Ronin, Hatamoto Samurai) in one civ.

To summarize the Asian change suggestions I posted before (probably outdated), Japanese Isolation units and other related units can be changed to:

• Removes Ninjutsu-Zukai.
  • Renames Wokou Ronin to “Kabukimono” (“傾奇者”) and gives it a new, more flashy look.
  • Lets Yamabushi become Zen’s second unit or a native unit that can only be shipped from Home City (like Lenapes), or becomes a Monastery unit after Monastery is reworked.
  • Monogashira (“物頭”): New heavy infantry replacing Konsha Yamabushi at Consulate in Age II.
  • Shinobi: No changes.
  • Akazonae (“赤備え”): New expensive heavy cavalry, trainable in groups of 3 at Consulate in Age IV. Has hand attack with good area effect, and gains additional HP when grouped together.
  • Hatamoto: no longer related to Ronin, so no longer a mercenary, maybe get new stats, and get a new look or use Ronin’s look and have Ronin use Wokou Ronin’s old look, to differentiate these units.

The Meiji Restoration can be changed to have a revolution-like effect.

• Costs 2000 export.
  • Ends isolation instantly when researched.
  • Turns every Ashigaru into 1 New Army Regular, Yumi into 1 New Army Rifleman, Samurai into 1 New Army Regulars and 1 New Army Riflemen (or into 2 New Army Regulars), Kibatai (Naginata) into 1 Hussar, Yabusame into 1 Dragoon, and to make New Army Regular and Rifleman trainable at Barracks.

Nice. I hope it does not cost population. Just reduce the train limit if needed.

Maybe the next tech from Petrine Reforms, called “Ekaterina Reforms” or “Alexander Reforms” or something.

1 Like