After obtaining a type of mercenary unit from home city cards or church techs, that unit can be trained at the Tavern-type buildings.
Introduced Mongols as a powerful cavalry archer mercenary unit to replace Manchu in the game.
If we want to reintroduce Manchu, Manchu can be a kind of Spahi-like cavalry archer unit that have to be send by cards for Chinese, or be an unit of the potential Chinese Isolation (replace the German ally) at Consulate.
Inspired by the recent British ally’s changes, some shipments should probably be infinite as well.
- The Roger’s Rangers in the British Brigade should be changed to Rangers instead of Skirmishers.
- The Church Wagon, Bank Wagon, and Arsenal Wagon become infinite, but require cool down and the build limits of these buildings are respectively 1.
The Military Rickshaw and Clan Offerings become infinite, but require cool down.
Military Rickshaws can be used to rebuild the lost Dojo.
- The Exploration Fleet and Expeditionary Fleet become infinite, but require cool down and the build limits of Caravel and Ironclad are respectively 1.
The appearance of Blockhouse should follow the upgrades.
The Fort Wagon becomes infinite, but requires a long cool down and the build limit of Fort is 1.
The Russian Expeditionary Army should provide Tatar Loyalists instead of Kalmucks.
- Bullionism provides a trickle of XP to differentiate it from Mercantilism.
Renamed non-mercenary units, or units that cannot be trained, should be consulate units like French Guards to avoid from name conflicts and from decreasing researched value over time.
- Remove Card “Master Surgeons”, and let the Church cards add the tech “Master Surgeons” (II) at Church. It will provide the same effect.
In order to make the effects of Church techs and card “Rangers” more different.
Techs “Roger’s Rangers” and “Queen’s Rangers” are no longer able to turn Longbowmen into Rangers and to replace Longbowmen with Rangers, but the Rangers they provide should be the consulate units named Roger’s Ranger/Queen’s Ranger. The tech “Queen’s Rangers” can also changed to give the Counter Infantry Rifling instead of giving the free veteran upgrade.
Card “Rangers” should be renamed to something like “Royal Green Jackets” or “Royal Rifle Corps” to avoid confusion with simple unit shipments. Perhaps it should also ship 12 Rangers and give the free veteran upgrade.
- Tech “Blue Guards” changed to provide Consulate Musketeers named Blue Guard and give the free Socket Bayonet upgrade.
Tech “Risorgimento” also allows Revolutionaries to be trained at TCs.
Tech “Carabinieri” changed to provide Consulate Carbine Cavalry named Carabinieri.
Techs “Westernization” and “Petrine Reforms” should reduce cost or return price difference proportionally, when the unit upgrades have been researched already.
Tech “Kalmucks” changed to provide Kalmucks (Mongols with rifles instead of bows) and upgrade Mongols to Kalmucks.
Tech “Bashkir Ponies” changed to provide Consulate Hussars named Bashkir and give the free Cavalry Cuirass upgrade.
- Tech “Royal Alabarderos” changed to provide Consulate Halberdiers named Alabardero.
Tech “Gustavian Guards” changed to provide Consulate Halberdiers named Gustavian Guard and give the free Infantry Breastplate upgrade.
Card “Dalcarlian Rebellion” not only turns Pikemen into Halberdiers, but also makes Pikemen upgrades also benefit Halberdiers.
The Settlers offered by The Naturalist occupy the slots of Coureur des Bois. I don’t like this.
Fille du Roi
Based on King’s Daughters.
- The female version of Coureur des Bois. In Age I/II/III/IV/V, there can be a 0%/10%/20%/30%/40% chance to get Fille du Roi instead of Coureur des Bois respectively.
Based on Marguerite Bourgeoys.
- A new Politician that replacing The Naturalist for French. She will ship 3 Filles du Roi and 1 Church Wagon, and have the chance of Filles du Roi fixed at 50%.
Reduce the quantity to save space.
Make it end up with a maximum of 5, but with the same efficiency as the current 11.
Merchants build limit +10.
Cards “Bank of Amsterdam” and “Bank of Rotterdam” changed to cost 500 coin, ship 1 Bank Wagon and make Banks generate +10% coin.
Card “Dutch East India Company” also reduces the cost of Bank of Amsterdam and Bank of Rotterdam.
The effects of Techs “Coffee Trade” and “Excessive Taxation” on Banks changed to make Banks generate +40% coin.
Card “Tulip Speculation” changed to make Banks generate +40% coin.
Make it slightly more useful.
For all civs, Native Embassies have to be built by heroes and Envoys instead of Settlers and Villagers. To be fair to the Dutch.
Card “Peace of Münster” can also give Envoys the Stealth mode.
- Under the investment button of each resource, add a toggle button respectively for automatic investment. When the toggle button is on and the resource is sufficient, Lombards will automatically press Investment button once (that is, invest 250 of the resource) when the deposit of the resource in Lombards comes 0. In theory, it is just like the auto farm and auto fish trap in the AoE2.
Improve the livestock mechanic a bit, at least make access to Cows not require a card.
Europeans, US and Chinese
Remove Cards “Ranching”, “Llama Ranching” and “Water Buffalo Ranching”.
Add Tech “Ranching” (III, or I) at Livestock Pens. It can allow Cows to be trained at Livestock Pens.
Add Tech “Buffalo Ranching” (III, or I) at Villages. It can allow Water Buffaloes to be trained at Villages.
Card “Viceroyalty of New Spain” can also give the free Ranching upgrade.
Remove Card “Ranching”.
Add Tech “Captured Cows” (III, or I) at Farms for Haudenosaunee and Lakota. It can allow Cows to be trained at Farms.
Replace Aztec Sheep with herdable turkey.
Japanese and Indians
Replace Sacred Cows with Sacred Cattle (Zebu).
Remove the Livestock Pen in the Dutch ally at Consulate.
Add Tech “Inari Okami” (IV) at Shrines. It will cost 900 export, allowing the Sacred Deer to be trained at Shrines.
Mainly for fun.
Tech “Zweihänder” also benefit German Explorer, and make it use a zweihänder instead of a sword in melee.
Card “Sovnya” also benefit Russian Explorer, and make it use a sovnya instead of a sword in melee.
Cards “New Ways” and “Leman Trade Muskets” can give Lakota War Chief ranged stances with a rifle.