Some more interesting things I managed to scour from the internet

Was watching a video by ChillyEmpire where goes over the screenshots and he also showed two god artworks. I must say that I like the Loki one except for the ghost wolf and I am ok with the Poseidon one but I much prefer the original one where destoys the ship.

Also giving the original ones for the reference:
Loki2

One more thing that I found interesting is that all the nations might be getting their own citadel which is great. Never liked how they always changed into the egyptian one:
Citadel
So another visual mod is getting into the actual game which is great:

So what do you think? Do you like the new visage of the gods? Or do you prefer the original?

2 Likes

I was hoping they’d keep the original god portraits. I’m still very excited for the game, but this disappoints me.

I expected a visual update for the artworks but more like an update and not a complete overhaul for the art. hm… i mean the loki one still captures the essence relatively well of the old one but poseidons hm…I like the horses out of water as a wave very great detail but the otherwise I also prefer the old one. I can already see them cover up Aphrodite x)

2 Likes

I think its for the better. If the new DLC cultures start rolling in then their portraits will be vastly different from the originals. Unless they hire the same artist but last I heard he retired and techniques used now are probably different back then.

Better to have some consistencies across all portraits.

By the way, who is the official AoMR artist? I would like to check out more of his/her work.

Yeah, you’re right. It’s just a matter of preference, but I would still prefer the originals over the new portraits. And since they kept the politicians in AOE3, I thought they’d do the same with the gods. But fortunately, modding exists! :slight_smile:

I think Loki looks fine, but I feel the wolf is out of place. I mean, look at its face…Am I the only one?

As for Aphrodite, yes they’ll cover her up for sure, we’re in 2024! XD Same for Theia, too much skin.

1 Like