Some speculation about the future

I don’t like to speculate, but I’d like:

• The flare feature being brought to the game once and for all
  • A fix for projectiles not showing visual effects on impact (currently the effects are only shown when projectiles hit the water)
  • At least 2 new civilizations, with 1 new campaign and at least 3 brand new units (a land trade unit, an upgrade for slinger, and resource changes so trees offer more wood)
  • An improvement for the AI movement and decision making
  • A fix for the soundtrack not playing on a loop under certain circumstances
  • Military unit formations since Bronze Age
  • A fix for unit animations not playing correctly
  • New tracks (songs) for new campaigns
  • Better communication between players/clients and developers/publishers
  • More stuff to do with scenario editor (+fixes, improvements to current content)
  • Possibility to create matches without other players in “custom games” screen (offline)
  • A new and improved hotkey editor, allowing for erasing all key binds at once, and one by one
  • New (additional) environmental and atmospheric sound effects
  • Priests fixing allied units as they should, instead of ignoring damaged units near them
  • A more consistent and complete UI (revision of the current one)
  • More regular updates, so we don’t have to wait 9 months to see the changes
  • One new DLC campaign per year at least, with acceptable/realistic pricing (not costing more than the base game)
  • I almost forgot! EITHER A STEAM WORKSHOP OR MOD SUPPORT CAPABLE OF AUTO-UPDATING MODS ONCE THEY’RE INSTALLED! (like in AoE2: DE)
  • And new surprises every now and then, once or twice a year, including performance improvements, more hotkeys for better managing of units and buildings.

I’m pretty sure then, the game will be on pair with Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition as far as quality goes. And even then, such sequel would be miles away still. But nevertheless, it will be a much better game than it is right now.

Oh, and functional gates. Not gonna forget that one!
:relieved::ok_hand:

5 Likes