Something is going on on SteamDB?

Dont mutilate the joke!
Just imagine a card system based on gods giving you something instead of a metropolis

2 Likes

I know that, but Rome in AoE 2 was also a joke - until it finally became true.

It was a joke.
But seriously speaking, “hoplites” did exist in medieval Byzantine army, just called by different names. Round shield + spear formation is always a thing.

Very much like the late Roman “legionary” added to AOE2. If you call it a legionary, it’s still okay, but sounds a bit out of place from the popular image.

1 Like

I want my horribly anachronistic joke civs to be consistent. Give me some Minotaurs, not Byzantine Hoplites.

1 Like

Well Crete did gain independence for a period of time and had some fierce military conflicts so…not impossible.

No, we got the big one already. The devs stated that on discord. We got 3 new maps, flagship cards and grafical update of fisher ships. It was bigger compared to the just balancing updates.
But of course everyone things DLC when they here big. (Me included)

1 Like

I wonder where you found this. All i see on stream DB are updates and DLCs. Could you share the link?

Sure, you can see it on the Depots tab for AoE3DE:
https://steamdb.info/app/933110/depots/

There are also 2 new branches called stream1 and stream2. Interesting.

1 Like

Hopefully it is a sign of something fun in the works, as some of these haven’t been touched since last year according to this cache from last week/April 20th.

5 Likes

Ironically, this is the DLC that I would buy.

That idea sounds fantastic and it’s not crazy considering what happened with AOE-2 DE recently.

The AOE-1 civilizations will be integrated into AOE-2, but that doesn’t mean you can use Romans against medieval civilizations. They will be practically separate game modes.

The next logical step is, of course, to add Ancient Rome to aoe3 as well :rofl:

1 Like

Yes nowhere hidden in a screenshot (USA) :grin:

OMG Atlanteans are comiiiiiiinnnng

1 Like

Oh please stand down, its just preparatory step for the upcoming Brazilians civ dlc, we’re all going to Brazil./s

7 Likes

Why do people still believe that Rise of Rome means you’ll be able to mix AoE1 civs with AoE2 civs? They’re just porting AoE1 into the AoE2 engine, which is an updated version of the same engine.

The AoE3 engine is in turn an updated version of the AoM engine, so porting AoM into the AoE3 engine would also make sense.

5 Likes

There is also a Rome campaign added to AoE2 proper, not just the AoE1 port.

1 Like

it’s not just a port, they’ll add a couple of gameplay changes to AOE1 like gates and the UI will be the newer AOE2 UI, AOE2 will also get a Roman campaign. West Rome collapsed in 476 or 554 is you count the dissolution of the Justinian court as the end of West Rome. It does make some sense to have West Rome in regular AOE2 gameplay since the Huns campaign starts in 434 and the Alarich campaign in 394 so they might actually do it.

It’s not clear if the roman campaign is for RoR or AoE II

1 Like

All the new branches maybe are about Retold rather than a new DLC?