Something is going on on SteamDB?

Speculation? Where do you get that info from? The next one is obviously Brazil. You go to Brazil now!:brazil:

3 Likes

I hope the next DLC would be about the Safavids and the Crimean Khanate. Of course the lack of Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth disturbs me, but the middle east needs this spotlight for now.

7 Likes

Persia makes the most sense.
It’s the most important civ not present in the game yet. There’s also a lack of maps from the Middle East. I bet this will be the next DLC. Hopefully it will include another related civ like the Omani or the Afghans.

The only thing I don’t understand is why they put the Qizilbash for the Sufi, since that would be one of the most obvious unique units for the Persians.

I would also love to see Poland in the future, but I think they should do several DLC for other parts of the world first.

4 Likes

Outside of patches, 3DE hasn’t had a social media post of its own in months. Remember Redbull where 3DE was passed up by a game released in 1997 that is popular in one country/? the anniversary event? this isn’t anything new.

1 Like

Absolutely. The focus could be on the Republic of Pirates but could quite easily contain the prior movement of Buccaneers/Flibustiers (who associated together in coalition as Brethren of the Coast) . Haiti just refers to half of Hispaniola and I’d totally associate that with the independent Haiti, post-French rule.

On that topic, I’ve nearly done my fully-fleshed out Sea Rovers faction ‘wish-civ’ on googledocs so I’ll post it on here some time :smiley:

Anyway, shameful wishing of pirates aside, I very much doubt it will be a (Spanish Main) Pirates civs. ‘Easiest’ civ to add in to ‘keep us going’ until a large expansion pack would be Morroco.

3 Likes

Myself and a lot of people I believe bought all games and DLCs to “support the series”. The only difference between us is we spend different amount of time on the games. But there seems to be someone constantly teaching me “no for the sake of the sEiRiEs you shouldn’t spend your time that way!”

Same here. Though I think I’m gonna wait on RoR since it doesn’t interest me as much. I wonder how many 2DE/IV players have purchased 3DE DLC? I’d say very few.

At any rate, while I can understand all focus is on RoR right now, it would be grand if this game was treated better by WE. The support by FE/Tantalus has been fantastic, however. Most of us agree on that, it’s just the lack of proper marketing and the continuation of the stigma given by “others” that is immensely frustrating. And Word’s Edge is content to keep it that way.

Folks ask around on Twitter what is in store for 3DE and they’re all but ignored by certain individuals who make all the decisions.

It’s our fate to be ignored we have to just deal with it. :neutral_face: :sleepy:

because its the only way people start playing sea maps

I suppose they would speak English, Dutch and French. A multilanguage civ, like Malta

Sorry, was just using the term ‘Spanish Main’ in reference to the Caribbean :smiley:
Yep, they would be mainly be English/Dutch/French. You could also have Spanish if you wanted to stick the Guarda Costa in as well (pretty much a pirate group including Spanish, Portuguese and even Greek which did lots of piratical activies!

2 Likes

I’m thinking that innstead of having pirates as their own civ, you could spice Ottomans/Spanish/UK/Portuguese/French/Dutch civs with pirate cards. At first I thought that maybe they could get each their own pirate rev, but then I realised that no country of those listed revolted into pirates.

1 Like

If the releases of the previous DLCs are any indication (single civ → big expansion → single civ), I’m willing to bet that the next one will be Brazilians and after that we’ll get a new Asian expansion. I really doubt we’ll get the Crimeans or a Pirate civ in the near future though. I think it’s more likely that we’ll get more civs from Asia, Post-Colonial America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Native America or Polynesia.

I think this is far more likely to happen.

3 Likes

Yeah they never revolted into pirates, however all the civs you mentioned hired sea rovers essentially. Sea Rovers being the term to include privateers, buccaneers and pirates in that region (all piratical to the enemy, though some with legal cover).

Bucanneers were Dutch/Anglo/French pirates who focused on raiding the Spanish and flitted between being commissioned to do so and outright piracy. Whilst the Euro nations venturing into the Caribbean had a shortfall in their navies and wars on the mainland to keep them occupied, they commissioned huge amounts of Buccaneers (who’d seem themselves as Privateers with that status). These contracted Bucanneers/Flibustiers were private, Mercenary armies and navies. With that in mind, it makes complete sense that the existing Euro civs could hire Buccaneer/Flibustier armies alongside the Privateer vessels (funnily enough no privateer would fly the Jolly Roger and that flag was only really common in the 18th century aside from a very rare case or two).

When Buccaneering (Spanish targeted) died out and true piracy was in full force (very late 17th century onwards), there’s no chance of any nation hiring pure, criminal, trade route hindering pirates.

Even Buccaneer strongholds would be a welcome addition as Minor civ/faction on certain maps (it’s a start!). They could give you Boucanier hunters and Freebooter musketeers as well as Buccaneer Canoas (canoes filled with musket and grenade armed sea rovers) available at your docks.

1 Like

I think from now on most of the focus should be in Asia, that’s where most of the big missing civs were located. It’s incredible we only have 3 and a half civs from that continent. Just from Asia we could perfectly have 3 or 4 more entire DLCs

4 Likes

I don’t think that the devs had any time to make a new big expansion for the game. And if you think Asia hasn’t got enough content (which I agree) then South America has almost no content, with only one full civ for the entire region. Personally I’d like to see Brazilians as a civ sooner rather than later, but if the Devs want to focus on Asia first, so be it.

2 Likes

I’d much rather have Mapuches and Guaraní. The post-colonial civs muddle the timeline and have some really awful features like inspiring flags.

7 Likes

Yes, that’s what revolutions are for. The United States and Mexico would only make sense in this place.

The United States could have been a pre-industrial revolution (At age 3), and it could have been a very interesting mechanic for the British. Even better than the French Revolution or any Mexican Revolution.

4 Likes

I want to think that I am not the only one who wants Argentines, Brazilians, Mapuches and Guaraníes so that South America feels complete. :crossed_fingers:

Why do you find it horrible? I don’t see it being any different than the auras of the war chiefs or the Spanish unction card. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t think the developers will add Asian civilizations, but who knows. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind to see a Brazilian civ, but I would also prefer to see the Mapuche or Guarani before any other post-colonial civ

As M00Z1LLA said, these civs barely fit the time period.

Asia on the other hand a lot of potential, from Persia to Siam, from the Kazakhs to the Malays. There’s a lot of cool ideas there.

And I would also like to see something new in Africa, like the Shona or the Malagasy.

And finally, one other parts of the worlds are covered better, i would like to revisit Europe for the last time to add the Poles and Danes and complete that continent once and for all

5 Likes