Spain civ? when is it coming out?

we need spain/iberia form either umayyad rule to reconquista.

make their special unit an evolving caballero say dark and feudal age is a horse javalin thrower, then age 3 becomes caballero knight. special ability with caballero, has a 15% chance to get “dismounted” when dying instead of completely dying, and if dismounted, it transforms into a man at arms.

there’s the whole civ now make it happen

6 Likes

French, Burgundians, Spanish, Portuguese and Italians should all be under the same umbrella civilization (let’s call it “West Europe”) and as you age up you pick bonus related to the identity of that nation
– Cavalary / Infantry (French)
– Archers / Defensive (Burgundians)
– Infantry / Trade (Spanish)
– Naval / Trade / Defensive (Portuguese)
– Infantry / Naval (Italians)

Apart from the bonus, you also would get access to unique units and technologies. Spanish could borrow some techs from Abassid dinasty (Muslim influence) and Italians could get some techs and units from HRE

I would better see a Portugal-Léon/Castille-Al-Andalus Iberian Civs group

make their special unit an evolving caballero say dark and feudal age is a horse javalin thrower, then age 3 becomes caballero knight. special ability with caballero, has a 15% chance to get “dismounted” when dying instead of completely dying, and if dismounted, it transforms into a man at arms.
there’s the whole civ now make it happen

It seems a bit too “poor” to say it’s the whole civ possibility, or it would be a too much generic civilisation, with only two unique units and nothing else. I agree that iberian civilisations are a must-be, but there is so much more potential to it.
However, of course, it is good to have ideas ^^

Spain is a worthy civ, but given the existing roster of 8 civs, the game would be best advanced with other civs released before them.

So if the game goes up to 1550 where Spain was the most important faction at this time and less but also important in previous times, you are saying that it will not come out in aoe4, ok we will continue playing with historically irrelevant but politically correct kingdoms

1 Like

Spain was fun in AOE-2. I want them in AOE-4.

2 Likes

we need tercios!

we will conquer the meta!

2 Likes