Spain

Wasn’t you indeed ^^

It’s age of empire, so at least something close to an empire. Why not macedonia? they wasn’t big in middle age but still Alandre the Great was a big name even in this time period.

Rus is a bad choice, most of european are bad choice imo, byzantine should have been in the roster. Tbh Europe (or a part of europe) should have been one unique “nation” and you chose one of them each time you want age up.
If you compare China/ Mongol/ Abassyd Empire with England, you don’t want england at all in the roster.

Don’t you think it is important enough for Europe that Spain stopped the Muslims in the Iberian Peninsula? if it wasn’t for that, Europe would probably have converted to Islam, if not all of it, then a large part of it.

2 Likes

It’s definitly not enough indeed. I am 100% sure you can chose one hundred of nation arround the world who take one win against way bigger empire than muslim in this time period.

But you are comparing apples to oranges, Macedonians aren’t medieval so why you mention them here?

And I mean, the base civs are mostly to cover the better known people of Europe and Asia during middle ages so I think is fine(Like AOE 2 did at 1999).

Huh I thought that most people were tired of umbrella civs from previous games

2 Likes

You talk about Italy because of their influence, so if italy why not macedonia with the same logic? (i don’t want any of them)

That’s my biggest complain about aoe4 again, to much euro centored.
If they want focus on europe and empire, then go for 1500+ time period, if they want focus on europe and medieval area, than assume it and don’t put asian civ, but if your game is called “Age of f***** EMPIRE” you can expect some civ who built an empire. The empire of england is not bigger than my garden.

What do you mean? This kind of things never happend in aoe. Also, i am not an advocat of it but if you want something that can be compared with China/Mongol/and other empire, you can’t really just use thoses small tiny european kingdom.

It will come eventually, but probably they wanna give a different experience than AoE 3 and AoE 2 since both games already cover a good chunk of Spain. So Prolly a DLC

1 Like

Don Pelayo vendría mejor en Age of Mythology XD

Here, there is your reason.

Age of Empires 4 is from 1000 AD till 1500 AD.

That is even to modern for Age of Empires 3.
They even already used Machine Guns in this war!

Please no!
America doesn’t just exist to be conquered by Europeans.
I think American civilisations should be added without Spain or any other European civilisation.
There are enough American civilisations to design campaigns that don’t involve Europeans.

1 Like

I think the Visigothic kingdoms, let’s say, kingdom of León, Castile, Galicia. And the Arab kingdoms of the Iberian Peninsula, would both be a great addition, honestly I do not care if they were in aoe2, I would like to see them in more detail well focused on their structure of medieval kingdoms. A realistic version of two “Spanish” civilizations, one Visigothic Christian, and one Arab Muslim,

Creo que los reinos visigodos, digamos, reino de León, Castilla, Galicia. Y los reinos árabes de la península ibérica, serían ambos una gran adición, honestamente no me importa si estuvieron en aoe2, a mi me gustaría verlos en mas detalle bien centrados en su estructura de reinos medievales. Una versión realista de dos civilizaciones “españolas”, una visigoda cristiana, y otra árabe musulmana,

Not sure if you played aoe 2, but back in 2013 FE introduced Indians and Slavs, both which are civs that cover absurd amount of people and area, people was unhappy with that representation, so they decided to introduce more civs for better representation and accuracy (Bulgarians, Poles, Bohemians), and MS decided to fix the Indians inclusion with the Delhi Sultanate in aoe 4 because Indians in aoe 2 are poorly designed.

Well is better to face that reality, Europe was wayyy better recorded at medieval history than even Asia, Africa or Americas to have enough material to get several civs and campaigns from here.
Also wasn’t aoe 3 eurocentric at the start with only 8 (7 excluding ottomans, which are more asian) civs?

Seeing that devs choose the English over British/Britons like in aoe2. I doubt we will have a united Spain as a civ. We will probably have Castile, Aragon, Cordoba and Navarra civs in the future.

The concept of Spain existed before Spain so it could work.
Maybe with a system like the Chinese Dynasties.

Yeah maybe they can implement a ‘crown system’, where you need to gain crowns to advance or gain crowns when you advance. Each crown can grant different bonuses or units.
At the beginning you get to choose between Asturias/Pamplona/Toledo. Next age you can choose Between Leon/Galicia/Cordoba/Catalunya. Finally you can choose between Castile/Aragon/Navarra/Granada/Portugal.

You complicate things too much. They will just make one Spain civ in the same way they made one China or one Russia even though they were separated into several realms in various times.

1 Like

Saddly i am aoe3 players ^^.

Asian continent was very well know, if iam not wrong they used paper / writing earlier than us (and that’s the biggest factor). It’s just about culture (Microsoft is an Occidental companie), but that true for Africa/America, even if we have a decent amount info about maya/inca (because they have their own writing)

Yes why?

2 Likes

Because that’s what most of player base expects. How many Indians and south Americans will buy this 60 euro game in comparison to Europeans? If I had to guess small number. Its also reason we got Russia since there is big Eastern European player base for RTS games.

(Sure they will buy it later at discounts but by than we will have DLCs with various 3th world nations)

1 Like

You know AOE1 was mostly popular in south america and vietnam

So you are telling me that when AoE released in 1997 it sold best in SA and Vietnam? I highly doubt that. Most people there just pirated games back than. (Probably now also)

It would be nice to have something that represents the Spaniards.

The Iberian peninsula was occupied by many people in the period of the Middle Ages. At first, by the Visigoths, then the Islamists took it, and after a time there was the war of reconquest.

1 Like

The timeframe for the game seems to be 1000-1500 based on the revealed civilizations.

“Spain” didn’t exist until 1479. This is way too late in the timeline to be included in my opinion. However, Leon, Castile, Aragon, and to an extent Portugal could make sense.

In another thread, @Ekdal1378 brought up the idea of having an Iberian civ that could split in the imperial age into Portugal and Castile. I think this could work.

If you’re going to have a Christian Iberian kingdom in the game, it would probably make sense to have Leon and then have the landmarks for the imperial age split it between Portugal and Castile.

Granted, I also think other civilizations should get in over a Christian Iberian Kingdom

3 Likes