These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 11375994
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I don’t even know where to start to be honest:
- Mounted Archer and Heavy Mounted Archer have their names changed from Arquero montado to Arquero de caballería pesada
- Elephant Archer and Elite Elephant Archer have their names changed from Elefante arquero to Arquero en elefante de élite in the tech tree, but in game it uses the correct name: Elefante arquero de élite
- Parthian Tactics in the Tech Tree appears as Tácticas Partos instead of Tácticas de los partos
- Two Handed Swordsman appears in the tech tree as Soldado c/ espada instead of Espadachín a dos manos
- Cavalier unit name is Caballería instead of Caballero
- Stable Camel units appear in the tech three as Camello instead of Jinete de camello
- Heavy Camel tech tree name appears as Camello con armadura instead of Jinete de camello pesado
- List goes on and on, and extends to even RoR
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Open the game in Español (Latinoamérica).
- Play the game and look at the names, the upgrades, etc.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Good quality, consistent localisation.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
The list of inconsistencies is way too long, it even extends to RoR, it covers:
- Units, including unique unit names.
- Techs, including unique techs.
- Campaign voice dialogues that do not match the text/subtitles.
- Even on the Byzantines’ bonus list, Dark Age is listed as Edad Oscura, but in-game info calls it Alta Edad Media.
While this is not game breaking, it is a little bit disappointing that a game with over 20 years, that previously had the correct translation/localisation, even in HD, has taken a step back.