Spanish localization is totally different in Shadows campaign

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: v. 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When playing the first cinematic “Chayton” in the Act II: Shadows campaign with the game in Spanish, the spanish voices for the old game are used, just like all other campaigns. However, since this cinematic has changed, nothing has sense anymore (Chayton doesn’t know Bill in the spoken lines, but it does know him in the subtitles).

The issue is aggravated because the dialog keeps going on whenever the spoken sentences are finished, so in short sentences you can’t even read the subtitles.

I have been able to play all the campaigns until this one without much of an issue, since only the ending cinematics were in english and the original spanish voiceover fitted nicely during the game. I didn’t have much hopes for good spanish voices because AOE 2 DE ignored them, but in this particular cinematic it breakes everything.

Thank you

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to options, UI Options, Language, Español (Spanish)
  2. Go to “Modo Historia”, “Fuego y Sombras”, “Acto II: Sombras” and play the first cinematic, Chayton.
  3. The first sentence will be in English, but after that all spoken lines are in spanish and they do not say the same as the text,

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Either a new spanish voicover updated for the new story or, at the very least, the english voices.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

The first sentences are spoken in english and the next ones are the original spanish voices, but the voice and the subtitles say almost opposite things.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

The voice says:
¿Eres el de la compañía Halcón, Chayton Black? (Are you Chayton Black from the Falcon Company?)
But the subtitle says, roughly translated:
Hey, if it isn’t my old buddy Chayton Black. Y see you have recovered.

And it’s like this in every sentence.

The voice is speakibg the old campaing lines, did they changed the lines in other languages?

Same problem in French version !

Same in Chinese version