Spawning villagers will not gather ressources from nearby sources when depleted

If you assign the spawn point of a town center to a tree - to gather wood, the first villagers will start chopping down the tree. When they finish and move on to the next tree, and a new villager spawns, he will just stand there and sleep, like an idiot, even if there are hundreds of other trees around him. There’s a buddhist joke in here somewhere… Even the old didn’t get this wrong, please fix. Don’t get me wrong, I love the game.

Hey, @Dr.Klam! As long as your queued command is pointing directly to a resource (blue line) instead of a location (yellow line), the Villager should pop out and get to work. But let me know if that’s not what you’re seeing!

Will work as expected:

Will just stand around doing nothing:

1 Like

Understood, I will pay attention to that and report back. Maybe in a few days or a couple of weeks. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @SavageEmpire566 - I don’t think that’s the issue that @Dr.Klam is having, or at least its not the issue that I am having.

The issue is that after villagers have consumed the specific tree that you have set as the spaw destination (as shown in your screenshot), subsequent villagerss do not continue to act as lumberjacks. So in practice, while you can assign new villagers to wood, you have to constantly update the destination, because individual trees are consumed so quickly.

Steps to reproduce:

• Queue a tree as the spawn location for the town center
  • Wait for villagers to consume that particular tree
  • additional villagers spawn and become idle at the location of the original tree

This is different behavior than setting berries as the spawn location, because villagers will correctly find the next available bush if the original one is consumed until all of the bushes in that particular area are consumed.

In a perfect world, I’d like to set the queue/spaw location to the lumber camp so that each villager becomes an active lumberjack and automatically finds the next tree.

Please let me know if you have questions, thanks!