Speculation: "Age of Empires 4 : World War II"

@e> @Eklepsar

I Do like you Idea on this matter but if no one agrees with you, you could attempted to make it your self you seem to have thought it all though for the most part all you would need to do it get a team or yourself and build a game based the ideas you tried to bring to the table.

1 Like

If the game was going to be about the world wars I would start it off a bit earlier, around 1800 or so. This makes it seem more logical to start with a near empty tech tree, because neither rifles nor steam ships nor cars nor planes are really a thing at this point. You can just ignore the existence of sailing warships and horses and start with just musketeers as units. WW1 would be age 3 in this setup. This makes sense because age 3, if we’re staying relatively close to aoe2, is the one where all important unit lines exist and the real fighting gets on the way. Tanks (light and heavy even), fighters, bombers, battleships, they are all developed before or during this war. Age 4 is the bigger and better age. And aside from aircraft carriers (not sure if or at least how this should be a thing in the game, maybe just have planes as separate units), nukes (sort of an end game ruining weapon at best) and radar (a technology extending line of sight or such) this kind of holds true for the real military technology of the time. That would leave age 2 as roughly 1850-1914, rifles, armored cars, scout planes, ironclads, the works.

Not sure if I’d be hyped, but I can see this kind of game work. I just wouldn’t want it to be overly specific in which country had which exact units I think. Keep it aoe style. I also think that if you’re going to include Japan as a base civ you need to give them at least China to fight. Pearl Harbor and the late pacific theater don’t tell enough of a story to justify using the whole period.

1 Like

The only thing i would like about WOII setting of aoe is the fact that there are tons of new strategy options compared to low tech civs of the past.

But i actually don’t like the idea of aoe if it is going to be like C&C generals etc. There are allready sick amounts of WOII games, it will be so hard to make a real aoe game out of it.

1 Like

I believe that AOEIV should be in the Middle Ages or before. There are many stories to explore. If the game is according to the second war then me and many friends did not buy this game.

And the game should not have those cards, the game has to have a strategy of unity and economy, put the stone back for consumption.
the scenario should not be limited, as it greatly reduces the strategy.
observe ashes of singularity and Ancestors, money thrown away, idiot economy.

in my opinion Microsoft should return in the time of AOEI and bring that pleasure back to the community. with much strategy in the units and constructions, methods and economic positions.
making modules for construction would be bealtiful.

And also, take a look at the SUPREME COMMANDER FA, strategic units, you can change your strategy all the time because it has several types of units and different ways in position.

that’s what we expect.

thx!

2 Likes

@GameSkillar said:
I’d also prefer an Middle Age Aoe (or ancient) because there are enough other WW RTS games you can play.
And Age of Empires is no game to play with tanks, guns and airplanes in my opinion.

So I hope it will be a setting before Aoe3, but thanks for your detailed ideas.

Age of empires is game of kings and pharaos …, I support your comment my friend, AOEIV has to be middle age.

1 Like

What vehicles do we have in ancient/medieval eras? I can only think of chariots and oxcarts but i doubt that’s what they mean here.

I think this is another hint that the game is going to take place in modern/contemporary history.

2 Likes

@UrbanizedGem684 said:
What vehicles do we have in ancient/medieval eras? I can only think of chariots and oxcarts but i doubt that’s what they mean here.

Every Age game has siege units with wheels (vehicles).

1 Like

@rhrmn said:

@UrbanizedGem684 said:

Every Age game has siege units with wheels (vehicles).

true but i’m not convinced that’s all about siege units. Which after all are weapons too. it says weapons after vehicles :smiley:

1 Like

@UrbanizedGem684 said:

I think this is another hint that the game is going to take place in modern/contemporary history.

hello here is an example of medieval siege vehicles:

but not only; in fact, as you say, even the caravans for trade were vehicles destined for the economy of the country.

1 Like

Add ships/boats, sledges to that as well. The term ‘vehicle’ is very broad, it is a means of transport, it doesnt neccesarily need to have wheels.

1 Like

as a long time AoE fan, i don’t think they went far enough into the future. I think going up into the present age (on campaign mode) would be ideal, both world wars, maybe even the cold war. Korea and Vietnam wasn’t much of a world effort so leave those out, but dessert storm, Iraqi freedom, Afghanistan, those involve multiple countries (world powers) to constitute adding them in, whether it be at launch or DLC.

1 Like

That’s wat AOE is about!

1 Like

This the point AoE future must be set in World Wars era from 1914-1945.

2 Likes

That isn’t the future

1 comment, name of game is Age of Empires… ww2 is not a time for Empires really
But very nice idea

1 Like

There were multiple empires during ww1 and ww2 eras.
Taking empires from late 19th century would give enough content for future DLCs.

2 Likes

There are arguably still empires to this day. But at some point, the globe moved out of the age of empires. Ultimately, the question is not semantic. The question is whether this community wants a game that takes place in the 20th Century. Where we have all come together under a franchise based in ancient times, I think it would be far riskier to set a sequel in modern times than it would be to set a sequel somewhere again in ancient times. AoE1 through AoE3 takes place over about 4000 years. You gotta assume there is a window somewhere in there that we could explore further.

6 Likes

this is’nt battlefield.
this is the age of empires that i played when i was a kid.this is the age of empires with rulers,sultans like genhis khanattila the hun…Even when cars came to the game as a cheat i hated it as much i can.I wan history,tradition,exploration,big navigation wooden ships,sail ships,farmers etc

3 Likes

Good Idea keep up with this passion.

It wont be set in WW2. They do not want to confuse Company of heros with Age of empires.

WW1 is the next logical Empire Age.

2 Likes