Speculation: "Age of Empires 4 : World War II"

Exactly. So let’s not go to time periods that don’t fit our game mechanics.

4 Likes

I’m kinda confused, they had an announcement trailer years ago, in it there was images of Spartans, Red Coats and Samurais? Was none of that relevant to what AOE 4 will actually be?

Hi @OGjamieb3, It’s all subject to speculation since nothing has been announced. The biggest debate is whether “A New Age is Upon Us” means simply Age of Empires IV or if it also implies Age of Empires IV will be set in the modern age, after the historical setting for Age of Empires III.

2 Likes

Well I hope there aren’t tanks and planes. That would suck.

7 Likes

Right!!..!!! Haha

Yes down it will suck a game of WW2 without plane or tank !

For me personally I grew up with AoE & AoE 2 so the time period in Ancient times & Medieval times is what makes this franchise AoE. I’d love them to go back to either those two or both time periods with IV.

1 Like

France
Poland
Korea
Colombia
Chile
Egypt

These could be more civilizations for AoE 4.
important civilization that apport to XX century in many aspects.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Time has gone so fast since I wrote this topic!

I am very impressed and happy by the number of answers and all your remarks, compliments, as well as your ideas including the different ones with my old speculation for AoE 4. Thank you very much !

My apologies to those who asked me questions, and suggested ideas.
I lost the address of the forum during several months following the update of the website last year. And when I found it again, I could not get my account and reconnect to (until yesterday when it finally worked… a sign of destiny before tonight? maybe)

Again, thank you so much for all these comments, your relevant suggestions, and all the debates you have launched and continued. I will try to answer those who have posted me a message, and participate too in the discussions in the coming weeks.

For now, we are reaching the goal!
We only have 20 minutes left! We have dreamed of this moment all these years :slight_smile:

Whatever the period of AoE 4, I hope to enjoy it and (if yes) then find all of you in game at the release!
On land, sea, or… in the air :wink:

Eklepsar

Edit (after the trailer) :
So AoE 4 will take place in the middle ages. Many of you were right, congratulations! :slight_smile:

Personnally, I thought and speculated about the Second World War because besides my desire for such a game, I do not see very well the principle of two games in the medieval age (AoE 2 is for me the reference and maybe even unbeatable) but I am delighted for those who are happy (i’m not) with this announcement and appreciate the new graphics =)

For the future, it will be for another time, perhaps… who knows :wink:

Have fun everyone!

1 Like

I was hoping WWII too, but still happy that majority is right once again. I am hyped no matter what.

Even with this cartoony look? No my age. Sorry but this isn’t for me.

4 Likes

me neither, i like medieval period, but i have AOE 2 for that, and the art style looks like The Settlers.

2 Likes

The cartoony like is a problem to me too, and it already was a bit implemented in AoE II: DE.

Middle Age again: why not? But it is true I imagined it would cover the end of XIXth century and the two world wars…

1 Like

do not be so sure that it is only the medieval age … This age will cross more ages …

It reminded me so much of Empire Earths 3.

Let’s hope they are not similar at all.

Yeah man, they need justification for IV to exist apart from age II, and graphics is one way to do it. Answer this truthfully: did you not see everything perfectly in the game? Meaning, did you have any trouble looking at units and objects and saying what is what? Every object, unit is visible even when the camera pans out in above. That’s a good thing.
We all said same thing when Age III came out, and look how it still holds today. Age online was cartoony, but look how many people play it today (more than age III). So it is not all bad.

There is levels of terrains in the game, if you see the trailer over and over you will see, everything is up and down stuck to an uneven ground. In no way this is cartoony, the color scheme of the game is doing the trick on the eyes. Civ6 is cartoony, settlers (it always was) is cartoony, DOW3 is cartoony-like. This game has characters in human like bodies (there are minimal curves) , building are scaled in somewhat exaggeration (like the cover in the wall vs archer height), but I hope they change it. Walls are thick, castles are thick, just the way it supposed to be. Everything is sharp, it is good. I hope you change your mind.

1 Like

AoE iii looks a madter piece compared with this.

1 Like

It does, not gonna lie. And if they had similar style to this game, then it would have been great. But as i stated above, maybe they needed justification for IV to exist besides II, so graphics was one of the aspect they took freedom.

1 Like