- GAME BUILD #: 99404
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
When playing a .scx scenario and researching Spies for example for P1, and P1 has a Palisade Wall on the map, the view of opponents won’t be revealed at all. This applies only for .scx maps.
Update: I have looken inside the data. In normal AoC, there is a technology “Palisade Wall” with an ID of 117. It has an effect of ID 117, which does nothing. In the data of DE, the ID 117 tech is called “Disable Spies (Regicide only)”, and it also has the effect ID of 117, which effect disables Spies to research.
The problem may be based on technology 117 is researched because of the Palisade Wall on the map, even if the game mode is not Regicide.
It happens 100% of the time when the player who gets Spies, had a Palisade Wall on the map at gamestart, even if it was already removed or converted.
- Create a .scx scenario with normal AoC
- Add a Palisade wall for P1 and some units to keep alive (no need to add units for the enemies as they will get TCs by default)
- Add a trigger which researches Spies for P1
- Play the map with normal AoC, the research Spies will have effect, so you will see the enemy units
- Play the map with Definitive edition, the Spies won’t have any effect at all
Spies should be researched properly even if the player who gets Spies researched has a Palisade Wall on the map.
Here is an example .scx scenario which the bug can be tested with: