Spies Tech Cost Shows as 75 Gold if not in Age 5

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 63727
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Really minor bug here. If you are not in age 5 and are playing a civ where you can see your Age 5 techs (i.e. not a Euro civ), the cost of spies shows as 75 gold. In Age 5 it displays correctly.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a non-euro civ when you will be able to see the spies tech before Age 5 (I used Hausa)
  2. Before going to age 5, go to your TC (or other building that has the tech) and hover over the spies tech
  3. Observe it says the cost is 75 gold to research
  4. Go to Age 5
  5. Observe the cost is now correct, showing the price as 75 gold times the number of enemy units

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Before Age 5 the tech should either not display any cost (but keep the description), or show the full cost

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

spies price bug.age3Ysav (3.2 MB)

i think thats intentional, otherwise you would know how many vills your opponent has

2 Likes

Showing 75 gold makes no sense. If it didn’t show the cost until Age 5, the effect would be the same but without showing an incorrect value.

you pay 75c per unit & buildimg your opponent has to get spies. it defaults to 1 before it is set to obtainable with age 5

So instead of defaulting to an incorrect value, it should just not be shown. That fixes the problem entirely. Incorrect information should never be shown.

i mean, its been that way since like, 2006, and you may be the first person ever to think it was worth complaining about

Hello everyone. This is intended behaviour, by design! We appreciate the reports. :+1:

1 Like