- BUILD #: 100.12.3552.0 (and since release)
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
Steam Cloud Sync cannot keep two computers’ savegame files, including home cities, decks, and campaign progress together.
AOE3DE saves its progress in %userprofile%\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE*long string of numbers which might or might not be unique*\Savegame.
On launch, the game copies the contents from there to the Steam Cloud Sync folder, overwriting what Steam Cloud Sync downloaded.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
100% of the time on startup or exit
- Create save files on one PC by launching AOE3DE, completing a Skirmish or Campaign mission, then exiting AOE3DE.
- Launch AOE3DE on a second PC and play another Skirmish or Campaign mission, then exit.
- Go back to the first PC. Even after Steam Cloud Sync completes, the progress (campaign or home city levels) from the second PC does not appear.
- From this point on, each PC has its own, separate save files and progress.
The save files and progress should be kept up-to-date by both machines through Steam Cloud Sync.
The Steam version of AOE3DE should treat the Steam Cloud Sync files as authoritative, copying from them upon launch and writing to them when closing.
Newer Steam Cloud Sync files are overwritten upon launch, erasing leveling progress, campaign progress, and deck changes made on the other PC.
IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS
Delete the numbered folder in %userprofile%\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\ before launching AOE3DE.
This causes the game to recreate that folder using Steam Cloud Sync data.