Still no formation & rebuild farms

@Exemplis said:

@Ibuuyk said:

@Exemplis said:

@Ibuuyk said:
Not having formations or farm reseeds was a technological limitation, not a feature. And if they really wanna say that formations weren’t a thing in the stone age there’s an easy fix for that.

Why not make it an academy or gov’t center technology in the bronze age? THEN it’d make sense, history-wise.

As for farm reseeds, it’s dumb that it’s not in the game, but I can live without.

But you want gates? Hypocrittical much.

How is it hypocritical? I DO want gates, 'cause it made sense history-wise; palisade gates were a thing before stone walls were even popular so again, they could be a bronze age granary tech, or included in the bronze age wall upgrade.

But were gates in the original game? no it wasnt. Like most of us has said and even the devs have said, its not a remake, its a remaster. Adding gates, as much as I want that aswell, would make it A REMAKE.

They added walkable farms and quite a few features that weren’t in the original game, but you guys are pretty quick to conveniently forget about 'em. By the very definition all of you are spouting left and right, this isn’t a remaster.

Hypocrites.

@Ibuuyk said:

@Exemplis said:

@Ibuuyk said:

@Exemplis said:

@Ibuuyk said:
Not having formations or farm reseeds was a technological limitation, not a feature. And if they really wanna say that formations weren’t a thing in the stone age there’s an easy fix for that.

Why not make it an academy or gov’t center technology in the bronze age? THEN it’d make sense, history-wise.

As for farm reseeds, it’s dumb that it’s not in the game, but I can live without.

But you want gates? Hypocrittical much.

How is it hypocritical? I DO want gates, 'cause it made sense history-wise; palisade gates were a thing before stone walls were even popular so again, they could be a bronze age granary tech, or included in the bronze age wall upgrade.

But were gates in the original game? no it wasnt. Like most of us has said and even the devs have said, its not a remake, its a remaster. Adding gates, as much as I want that aswell, would make it A REMAKE.

They added walkable farms and quite a few features that weren’t in the original game, but you guys are pretty quick to conveniently forget about 'em. By the very definition all of you are spouting left and right, this isn’t a remaster.

Hypocrites.

isn’t a new game.

AoE:DE isn’t a full-on remaster, like say Shadow of the Colossus. The entire game hasn’t been rebuilt from the ground up, so if this is your first time time encountering the series, you’ll find many things about a bit old-fashioned.

pretty sad…

i hope they will change their mind and mke gates available in bronze age.

Not sure what discussion people are trying win by debating about the words ‘remaster’ ‘remake’ and such. People should remember only two words for this release: Priority and Plans

There was never a plan to add gates. It was never mentioned. It was never a goal. The end.

Formations have been addressed multiple times in the official streams and by developers that it is currently very difficult to implement. Even if they consider it, it is not a priority and perhaps not even a plan.

I definitely enjoyed AOE1 back in the 1990’s but it now missing key innovations. Missing gates is probably the worst missing innovation, which is made worse by the increased population limit in the Definitive edition. Defensive structures should be made more powerful to counter the increased population speed (not that AOE1 was ever well balanced).

I have not much hope that the developer will listen to reviews and fix AOE1 Definitive Edition, but I’m definitely looking forward to AOE2 and AOE3 Definitive editions! Its too bad though, because I would like to enjoy a balanced AOE in the Ancient time period.