Stop the Civ balance or blah blah blah, fix the ridiculous TG ranking

a 8 solo players game and they can team up the game like this, how ridiculous it is?
It’s been several months but the devs just dont give a ■■■■ on this.
Total elo difference = 2052
Average elo difference per player = 513

Stop the non-sense civ balance or any change, there are lots of urgent stuff which players has kept shouting for months and nothing is done.

2 Likes

Why not both. Civ balance s super easy and often just requires changing a number here and there.

Its low effort. It’s fun.

Other stuff is lots of effort and work, not even half as fun for the developers either I imagine.

So just do both

why not both?

The TG issues have been raised here many times, they knew the issues instead they doing nothing instead of keep doing civ changes and ruining the Arabia. I would perfer they fix the most important thing before spending time on these minor stuffs.

If you think the civ balance is a low effort stuff then no wonder those changes or new civs are that bad.
Changes without time of calculation and testing are terribly bad.

Team game is just unplayable right now. Everyone is smurfing and the ranking is very inflated. I think they need to reset TG ranking right now.

1 Like

That is pretty bad. Are you sure they were all solo queued? The highest 3 players all ended up on the same team…

If those were the only 8 players available it could have at least been:

3340, 1848, 2493, 1973 = 9654 Total

2799, 1876, 2554, 2149 = 9378 Total

There may be a way to get these closer, but I thibk its a good idea to split the two strongest players on different teams and the two weakest players.

What motivates to smurf are stackers and dodge punishments, i have found 1700 1x1 players at 2.1k tg elo now playing there instead of 3100 like 6 months ago, they are just avoiding stronger teams, cause if they go up in ranks they will get the same low elo team members but vs stronger players.

Team games are so dead, i haven’t seen games now without a big rank disparity.

Hmmm just another stack of 4 Asian friends who abuse civ pick vs. poor random guys.TG’s are just dead in AOE.

Here would be my suggestion regarding team games:

I’m personally more of a fan of 1v1s due to them tending to be faster, but as a team-game fix, I definitely think that this a good way to go. The problem is, if people only play team games, that won’t really work.

How to improve early 1v1s:
Maybe if for the first 10 games of 1v1, you only play against other people with less than ten games, that should be the matchmaking priority for the first few minutes, if it takes more than 5 mins, then it just matches you against someone with similar elo. This should help stop new players falling afoul of people who are now getting good at the game and are on a 50 win streak coming back from 800 elo or something. For these first 10 games, team games could be locked.

Introducing early team games:
Once the ten are complete, it now unlocks team games, where it matches you with teammates and opponents within 50 elo of your 1v1 score. You then gain or lose elo points at the end, based on the average of the two teams, which theoretically should be very similar. They matchmaking the team games this way for the first ten games.

Progressing Team Games:
After those ten games, there should be enough data that they start matchmaking with people of a similar team game elo. If the matchmake process is taking too long, they can add players who have a 1v1 elo score similar to the average of all players currently found. In that manner, all players on the team should be of a fairly similar level, leading to a better chance of victory. Naturally this would require a complete reset of the team game rankings, maybe save the current elo’s in case a new system fails.

How other issues might be resolved:
As another couple of things that would be useful to implement to stop people just quitting and ruining the game for everyone, would be team surrender. For this, before anyone is allowed to surrender, the majority of players on their team must be willing to resign. If more than half of the team votes for team surrender, people can now resign. The team as a whole isn’t forced to resign though, and if the remaining players want to play on, they can do so. For the purposes of tie-breakers, the player on each team with the currently highest score counts for two votes, but only if there is a tie. If a player drops or is defeated, it counts as an automatic vote towards team surrender.

How to deal with players who have used Alt f4:
Either, any other player the team can now control the resigned player, this is not they take over totally. Instead, this control is shared between the rest of the team, so that they can all share control or resigned players, as well as controlling their own base. The other suggestion would be to have an AI sub in for the resigned player. The Ai could either be an extreme AI, or the game takes the highest AI level ever beaten by any player on this team, which shouldn’t be too hard, seeing as there is an achievement that could be checked. It then adds one level of difficulty to this and subs that in in place of the player, Ie. if the best AI anyone in the game had ever beaten was hard, a hardest Ai would be the substitute. Although giving the remaining players shared control of the resigned player would be more fair, it would be harder for them to manage, and even agree on a course of action. If an AI was subbed in however, it would be almost certainly worse than a player, but it would be able to receive commands from the players to give it instructions on how to play, and it would allow the players to run their own bases.

Other suggestions regarding elo for players using Alt f4, or teams dealing with it:
Players who use Alt f4 in the first 5 minutes of the game, or before the game starts should also automatically lose a set number of elo points, regardless of the actual result. It has been suggested that this could be 14 points. If they use Alt f4 at any point after those first 5/10 mins, they could instead lose 7 points. It could also be implemented that if the team with a resigned player loses, the amount of points they lose is decreased by a fixed amount, such as 7, so that they don’t suffer as much for the loss. Anyone who uses Alt f4 should also be effected by the outcome of the match if possible, in addition to losing the set points.

Prebuilt Teams:
After team games are unlocked for a player, they can now also play team games with a prebuilt team. When assembling a custom team, the likely-hood of having largely different elos is quite high. This could be resolved by taking the highest elo person on a custom team, and taking the average of them and all other team members within 200 elo. This is the average that it then tries to match with.

Those are my ideas currently. What do people think?

Yes, I am sure, and this is not a rare single time, it happens few in my previous threads recording 50 games as a solo player in TG.

What they are doing is just gather 8 players and randomly assign the team.