Story mode final cutscenes Act I, II, III graphic issue

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: V.10012.30181.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Hi, while playing either of the acts mentioned below, when I’m supposed to get the final cutscene, the graphic is messed up, pixeled:

Act I: Blood

Act II: Ice

Act III: Steel

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur?

• 100% of the time I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play either of the Acts mentioned and get to the very end to see the cutscene.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The cutscene was supposed to be shows and the contours should have been recognizable.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

The following graphic issue occurs:

1 Like

Thanks for this bug report. I have the same problem (…two years later). Some video cutscenes are literally unwatchable, like they were extremely poorly encoded to an obscenely tiny file size. The end of “Blood, Ice & Steel”, Act 2, “A Father’s Sacrifice” (final video of act) to be specific, is a complete mess like your screenshot. But I’ve noticed strong artifacts in other videos, even the intro before main menu. No problems in-game whatsoever, just the videos, which I assume are videos not game engine. I don’t know what could cause this other than terrible video encoding (ultra-low settings, compression artifacts).

Build: 100.14.7908.0
Platform: Xbox (App, PC)
Hardware: AMD Radeon 6600 XT (AMD Software 23.3.1)
Screens: Gallery (Imgur)

Update: Fixed! Thanks to McLerristarr. In graphics settings, change anti-aliasing to FXAA or none (do not use temporal).

Hey @vanontom & @TopWorm4 ! Have you tried playing the Public Update build with Temporal AA on? We have submitted a fix for the corruption on 6600 XT GPUs and would like to know if that has resolved the issue for y’all. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I did not expect this to be fixed! You all at Tantalus are pretty neat. Not used to devs supporting games for so long, that’s fantastic. Unfortunately, I can’t test this. After thoroughly enjoying the eff out of AOE3 DE for a few months, I uninsta-- eh, converted those files on my PC to good times which are now only stored in my brain’s memory. But anyway, thank you all again for taking good care of this game.

1 Like