Strongest Civ With Full Tech And Civ Bonuses?

No, all techs from the standard tech tree plus the bonuses of your specific civilization.

2 Likes

Goths: Huskarls alone fully upgraded work wonders for vs archers and allow goths to work even better melee-wise and that would make them top tier in that alone

Teutons: Long range castles for even better defense with 14 range and a little more attack
Able to put in fully upgraded arbs to boot for extra attack beyond what hand canoneers can give.

Their palladin being buffed considerably,
Fully upgraded rams with extra melee defense if needed,

Byzantines: walls strength increased,

• if powered by the ports feitorias,
    I am the bone of my walls: unlimited walling works at more strength than berserker can handle

Oh, then you have malay with goldless champions. But then again, you have Persians with goldless Arbalests.

Itā€™s definitely going to be between trash Arbalests and trash Champions for the best civ, because both are going to have effectively the same capability in the lategame with the exception of a Heresy Persian War Elephant, which means itā€™s going to come down to who has the more efficient lategame (Iā€™m expecting the fully upgraded Malay Battle Elephant to be able to go toe-to-toe with the Persian War elephant in terms of cost efficiency, and I think itā€™ll just with those extra bonuses it doesnā€™t normally get)

I think the persians win a close, drawn out game unless they run out of trees and Malay has a pond somewhere. Maybe the malians have something to say about that with Farimba Hussars and high pierce Halbs, but Iā€™ll still bet on either of the aforementioned.

1 Like

Few candidates:

Byzantine with the kill everything machine Cataphract and immortal buildings with masonary and architecture

Cumans with their cobracar kipchak with bracer

Franks with elephant Paladins

Goths with supplies for discounted fully upgradable champs with arson

Malians (noted by user below) arrow resistant halbs (that suffer from bonus damage anyway though) and with Farimba Paladins

Malay with Fully upgraded 30% cheaper elephants AND food only champions

Persians with wood cost only arbalest

My choice:

Malay

2 Likes

I was thinking about this some days ago, and I think this 3 are the strongest:

Chinese: Cheaper techs would help a lot

Malians: Blast Furnace, Bracer, Halberdiers with +7 pierce armour, Calvalry with +9 attack (blast furnace+Farimba) and this includes Hussar, Paladin, Steppe Lancers and Elephants; and their wood bonus.

Persians: Strong Eco + Trash Arbalest with Bracer

HM: Franks with Bloodlines and Elephants, Goths with last armour for infantry and eagles & Britons with Thumb Ring,

After reading this thread Iā€™ve come to the conclusion is Goths. Cheap cheap FU militia-line with extra arson, cheap eagles (one of the units whoā€™s bonusses are most closely regulated in the game), cheap spear-line with extra arson, FU huscarls are almost an afterthought.

They should be able to kill all the other main contenders before imp, and before gold runs out. Persians, Malians, Malay and Chinese only really benefit from full-tech mode after reaching imp. Any archer civs (Britons) get all their archers countered by huscarls and eagles.

I donā€™t think getting Imperial skirms/camels, or feitorias etc would be in the spirit of this challenge. Those are civ- or team-bonuses, not something you get from full-tech mode.

3 Likes

Iā€™m for Goth. Supplies Champion with only 24 food and 100% production speed and of course you can spam them all the time and every where. The damage bonus to buildings would destroy everything then the enemy cannot build units anymore.
You can spam permanent Huskarl, Champion and Halbedier on the whole map.

2 Likes

I see the arguments for the goths and I honestly believe Malay have the power to simply beat the goths in post imp. There is no cost effective answer to a 30% cheaper FU elephant. Malay are going to completely control the field with elephants in castle age. It only gets worse in imperial with more production. Goths would have to go into a very expensive defense of siege and support to handle the push and malay will just expand behind. Goths will have to stay castle for longer or go imp early with less eco, both lead to having no answer to the popped Imp Malay army.

How I see it, goths might handle persians, but persians would likely beat malay, and malay would beat the goths. Itā€™s RPS and I like my chances as any of the three, but I donā€™t think I like the Goths simply because they lack a power unit bonus like the Malay with cheap elephs and Persians with ridiculous elephs.

1 Like

With bloodlines, Franks would have 75 HP scout rush so thereā€™s a pretty good chance they would slaughter every civ mentioned in this thread before they can even achieve their new bonuses (depending on map and settings obviously)

True. Malay would have Trash Champions and Super discounted FU EBEs.
May aswell as give them Trash Paladin!

When I tried doing this in the scenario editor I had a Portuguese FU Arambai Post-imp but it still didnā€™t have 100% accuracy but maybe that is something not intended.

I made mod in which you can test this All Techs With Civ Bonus Mod: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/18336/

I think it depends on your favorite unit. I love ranged units and i hate slow melee units so i select Cumans which has about %25 speed (about because game doesnt calculates bonuses from base unit so it must be more higher a little bit).

Moreover Trash units going to be broken;
But Persian full Arbalest which costs just wood. You can pay food for Hussars.
Also Malay is nice.

In the other hand it improves Tech Trees so you can think it buffs civs which does not has upgrades.
Celts has just full infantry also giving squires helps bonus.
Bulgarian archers (Spanish archers better than Bulgarian Archer line).
Persian Militia-line (Stops at long swordsman)
Turks Trash (It is well known example but everyone forgets poor Hussar)
You can find more example.

i would say its between goths and malay depending on mapā€¦

goths will kill you before you get your FU catas and all sorts of ultimate combos people have mentioned here (m@a rush with 30f, 15g and in castle age their 27f,14g LS doing 7 bonus damage instead of 5 to buildings)

malay will simply be unstoppable once they reach late game. heck tons of players cant even stop their current ele rush, nevermind a FU versionā€¦ 107 arb shots to down a dirt cheap EBE instead of the current 60, while food only champs mop up halbs.

definitely disagree. a number of civs ā€œhave a wide techā€ tree supposedly to balance them outā€¦ chinese or lith certainly wouldnt gain as much as certain knee capped tech civsā€¦ i would maybe even add saracens to the weak all tech pile

like britons, franks or even vikings have a lot more to gain and civ bonuses apply to those gainsā€¦

2 Likes

Def not wrong. Tho Chinese would have an easy time switching techs and using many possibilities, while Lith get to have fun with relic boosted camels and eles. Civs that would be disadvantaged would be Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.

My misunderstanding of the concept then.

In that case, probably Teutons would do very fine with FU Paladins and farm bonus.

Also, they are heavily defensive.

Each garrisoned Relic gives +1 attack to Knights and Leitis (maximum +4).

really bro? i need to correct you on something like this?

because they dont already? you know china has an incredibly open tech tree, giving them full tech hardly changes it

i can agree on thisā€¦ EXCEPT porto would get significantly cheaper eagles (gold) , discounted paladins, discounted FU siege works, all which was kept away from them because of their gold discount

italians would get FU cheap BBC and halbs (both kept from them for ā€œbalanceā€)

and spanish would get an entire archer line which they lack (hurts them in any non closed map) and treadmill + their civ bonus (for DM) ā€¦ compared to chinese that literally have a full tech tree??? no man

1 Like

Trash champions will dominate anything. They can easily outnumber arhers

1 Like

35% Cheaper 2x creation speed +5 extra anti-building FU Halbs: ā€œPress F to pay respects.ā€

Not FU Trashbalests.
And not 24F 13G 2x creation speed +5 extra anti-building FU Champions.

3 Likes

BS on this one. Building bonus has no effect on champions