Stuck at some masteries

Working my way through the masteries in this game at the moment. But I seem to be stuck in progress on a few. Anyone that has any tips or tricks? Or maybe point out something I’ve overlooked?

English Mastery 9: Raise The Alarm
I’ve built my tower network all the way to the enemy’s keep (AI) sure to have defeated way over 50 enemy units before finishing the game, but somehow this mastery doesn’t seem to unlock…

French Mastery 6: In Shining Armor
I’ve been trying this one in two different approaches, as the text sometimes raises some doubt on what exactly is needed to achieve it…
First go, I placed around 6 stables around a keep and produced over 50 Royal Knights, that didn’t seem to do it.
Second go, I placed exactly 1 stable around a keep and produced all 40 from the same stable, that didn’t seem to work either …

Holy Roman Empire Mastery 4: Resupply
Killed a whole lot of enemies while having the Two-Handed Weapon technology, despite that, it doesn’t seem to unlock …

Chinese Mastery 5: Expansion Villages
Constructed the required 2 additional villages (Age II) and waited to end before I reached 150 population, that didn’t seem to do it.
Tried again, this time making sure I had at least 100 villagers, that didn’t seem to work either.
Tried both the above again, this time with progress to Age III after reaching the goal set…
No luck…

So as mentioned earlier,
Any insights are welcome !

1 Like

This is odd. For me it worked well.
Are you sure you didn’t have knights left from the second age or that some of the stables were not under keep influence.
Also I think school of cavalry doesn’t get under keep influence.

For this one, it’s important to note that it’s not enough to be near a castle/tower/TC with the campfire above it, you only get the buff when you hear the bells ring, and from my understanding it only rings when enemy units get near it. So make sure your units are glowing or click on one and make sure it has the buff icon while they are killing the 50 enemy units.

1 Like

I’m also stuck at some masteries:
English (Task 6) Gather Round - Heal 10 Longbowmen with the Setup Camp ability.
French (Task 5) Clever Commerce - Accrue 2000 Food, Wood, or Stone from Traders in the Feudal Age (II).
HRE (Task 6) Ray of Hope - Research Herbal Medicine and produce 6 Prelates from the Monastery in the Castle Age (III).

Are you aware that you can click on French traders and set them to a resource other than gold? By default they trade gold, so you have to double click a trader to select all of them that are on screen, and change to a different resource, and keep doing that as more traders are produced. I stonewalled my entire base including the trade post, and put the market a long way away, I think they were getting something like 176 resource per trip. It’s a pain that it doesn’t give you any way to know your progress towards the mastery, the later one where you have to kill units with the red palace was a huge pain to keep luring units towards it one at a time! Also, don’t forget to remain in feudal for a long time.

For the 6th French one, it worked okay for me, but I think I produced a lot more than the number required, just to be sure.

2 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t have knights left from the second age or that some of the stables were not under keep influence.
Also I think school of cavalry doesn’t get under keep influence.

I only placed one stable within influence of the keep. Just to be sure :slight_smile:
I’ll give it a retry later today

For this one, it’s important to note that it’s not enough to be near a castle/tower/TC with the campfire above it, you only get the buff when you hear the bells ring, and from my understanding it only rings when enemy units get near it. So make sure your units are glowing or click on one and make sure it has the buff icon while they are killing the 50 enemy units.

I’ll give this one another try as well :slight_smile:

I got stuck on the HRE build the Elizbeth palace and build 3 keeps around it. I’m going to try again but if anybody else it stuck on this one or was able to do it, have nuances to why it didn’t work. Be appreciated.

1 Like

To be fair the whole thing could be bugged.
I lost all of my mastery activities progress yesterday and I had only 3 more tasks to do.

Guess ill touch on the chinese since no else did… the chinese one u need to build the “village” not tc! There unique housing unit with garrisoning. Not sure if u have to do it in a relative time frame… but i just aged up once- pushed out tons of villagers and military as fast i could till i got the 100 and resources and built the two villages… issue would be u dont get any notifications ig of the moment u get the accomplishments! So t might be best to save it at that point then beat the level… then if u have to go back u can check whats wrong from a good point.

I am stuck on the exact same one, I did it several times already with exactly 3 keeps and making sure I have Elzbach built before any keep and then building only 3 Keeps right around it…
I have given up for now. The odd thing is that everyone seems to be stuck on different masteries, which is concerning to me as I do not know how long it will take for them to find the fix then.

the chinese one u need to build the “village” not tc

This was exactly what I was overlooking!
Thanks, that made me progress a litte further on the Chinese track.

Meanwhile completed the Rus Mastery. So onwards we go!

After reading some tips in here and carefully reading some of the actual text on the Masteries, I’ve been able to progress and finish English, Mongols and Rus Masteries. The four remaining are near their last challenges, so they’ll be finishing soonish :slight_smile:

Thanks for the pointers all!

im stuck on the abbasid one (camel support)

and stuck on the rus one (5 trades) will try the trades work around, but unsure of a work around for the abb one

Did you ever figure out why this was happening? I have the same issue, and have tried several times. I’ve killed hundreds of enemies while the alarm is raised and my guys are glowing, yet for some reason am not getting the completion of challenge.

ich habe genau das gleiche Problem! habe mindestens 150 Bauern und baue gleich hintereinander die beiden “Runddörfer”. Bestimmt fünf mal gespielt und immer das gleiche. Keine Meisterung!

Hi Zepherion! Was hast du genau gemacht um die Meisterung zu bekommen? Ich kapier es nicht und hänge immer noch fest. Danke schon mal im Voraus!

Mastery are garbage and mean nothing
Pro tips you can do them vs easy Bot and even alone in a custom game and even in campaign