Stuck on loading screen on xbox series X

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.9814.0 (#75350) 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Xbox Series X (Game pass ultimate)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When i try to launch any game (skirmish, ranked game, learn to play etc) the game get stuck on the loading screen. I was able to play few games when i initially started it, but now the game get stuck on the loading screen every-time.
I tried uninstalling game and reinstalling it - did not help
Tried resetting the console to the factory settings - did not help.

FYI: I tried using keyboard + mouse on console (maybe that was the cause) but the problem persists even if i disconnect keyboard and mouse.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

Do you still have this issue? There were a couple of server maintenance.

Unfortunately the issue is still there.

I wonder if the issue is caused by cloud sync between PC and Xbox (Xbox game pass ultimate) as i also play this game on PC using xbox app on pc.

But you only have this issue on console, do you? Could you reinstall the game and try again? Do you have any kind of problem with other online games?

Yea the issue was present only in console. The game works fine on PC.

So i uninstalled and reinstalled the game on xbox, also installed another game (among us) to test multiplayer functionality, multiplayer player works fine on among us.

The age of empires 2 DE got stuck again on loading screen.
So i reset all the hotkeys and controls and now the game works fine on xbox series x.

In conclusion: the game works fine now after resetting the control keys (hotkeys), on pc i use extra mouse buttons for idle village and goto town center, the extra mouse buttons are not supported on xbox which might be causing the problem as these control settings were automatically syncing to xbox from pc

1 Like

I think I have the same issue. I cannot launch the game at all on my Xbox series x, it’s already stuck on the initial loading screen. I also have AoE2 DE on Xbox app on PC with customized hotkeys. I will try resetting them to default.

Saving my custom hotkey layout to a profile and then setting it to default on pc indeed fixed the problem. It then launched on Xbox and synced successfully.

I’m glad this worked for you !

Thanks for this report! We are now tracking this issue :slight_smile:

2 days ago my AOE 2 on Xbox Series X got stuck on the loading screen after starting the game, i tried to restart my console, give it a little time see if it would get fixed then tonight I uninstalled it then reinstalled it but it still wont get past the starting loading screen. I played the game right as it came out on xbox and i love it so i would definitely like to play it again if you have any recommendations for fixing it.

Stuck on Loading screen is still an issue for XBox One Game Pass users.

1 Like

Yup, I just went to play for the first time and it doesn’t work. Gutted.

Any updates? Game is still unplayable.

Just tried to start up on Xbox and am getting spinning dots forever, it was playing fine yesterday and I do not have it on pc, no hot keys to change.

Do you have the game on PC with custom hotkeys?

I do not have this on PC.

Did you ever have it? If so, it might be that your hotkeys got saved in your user data.

This is happening to me. Game was working fine (Xbox Series X) then turned it on today and gets stuck loading. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same. Need a fix.

I was able to play the game via GamePass when it launched. As of May 2, 2023, I can no longer play the game.

The game will launch for me and when it does, I immediately get some error claiming that “A Keyboard and Mouse was connected. You must change the input mode in settings to use them.” I am, again, on Xbox. I never once connected a keyboard and mouse to this game or any other game on my xbox. It has been a controller this entire time so I have no idea why this error shows up. When I go into the settings, they are all default and are set to Controller, but the error comes up anyway.

I tried to load my save and it will never load. I’ve tried restarting the game multiple times, restarting my console, and nothing works.

I have kept up with all updates and given that I was able to play for many hours on launch, I am concluding that one of the updates have caused some sort of loading issue and the random keyboard and mouse error I keep getting every time I launch the game.

Hoping for a fix soon as this game was super fun for me and I’d like to be able to complete my campaigns.

1 Like

This is really strange, can you double check that you have Controller enabled in Options - Interface ?