Stuck Units Build 9476

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 9476
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Experienced an instance of units getting stuck related to the ongoing investigation. This time a Karelian Jaeger inside of a mill (but it probably got stuck in there as a Settler). As per the instructions in the patch notes, I’m providing a screenshot of where it happened to me.
Map: Carolina? The one described as the home of the Cherokee that sometimes has Seminole villages during the loading screen.
Object: Mill (Swedish, I don’t actually know if there are multiple different models with different collision).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Build a bunch of Mills.
  2. Put workers on them.
  3. Wait.
  4. Perhaps do a revolution. I think the unit got stuck before revolting, but I found it after.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

this issue is currently being tracked, thanks for the report!

1 Like

Took a while, but managed to grab one in an estate as well. Latest version at time of writing.

this one has been around since 2005 release. I personally would say that it gets fixed by reworking farms/estates into allowing vills to not move. It is the most healthier. Main reason is because pathing in this game is really bad and even if they manage to fix vills getting stuck in these structures. they will bump into each other a lot. And when a game has too many units it tends to freeze or units become less smart. Like melee units stand in front of their target without attacking.

All in all. I vote for vills not moving in farms and states. It helps for the long run and It is a much easier solution to that current bug.

1 Like

Well said by Khorix, this is a legacy issue, so at the very least it seems like units are getting stuck not more than on legacy on the latest patch :slight_smile:

As of the latest update [11xxx] I still get my vills stuck on resource buildings this was played in colorado