Suggested new hunter behavior towards deer/boar

Currently, if I am not mistaken, hunters will gather a full deer or until their bag is full before heading to the nearest or set gathering drop off point before heading back automatically towards the existing or now non-existing carcass.

I suggest that for the reason of improving hunter behaviour we set the hunters to no longer return automatically to carcasses that are no longer present and remain at the drop off point unless there is another deer to hunt nearby the drop off point as normal. (If there’s still some food left in the carcass then it can’t be helped that they walk back, but if there is nothing left of it then they should remain at the drop off point to await for new orders)

I think hunters should be able to carry lighter animals such as deer, goats and sheep back to the drop off point and then start gathering, these animals should not decay if within 1 tile of the drop off point
larger/aggressive animals such as boar and elephants should remain at the kill site and decay naturally

1 Like

Just Task Queue all deers on a sight and then task them to a diffrent resource - IDK what the problem is

Realistic but this is just how aoe2 is and was for 20 years. Why would they change it (besides its probably not even in the Game Engine)

1 Like

This. Or judt “push” deer

1 Like

It should be as monks can carry relics, transport ships etc

1 Like

Isn’t this the same for all resources though, if there’s no tree left the lumberjack will still go back to the last spot where the tree was? Not stop at the lumber camp. Genuine question, I can’t remember and I’m not a computer to test.

I think I better idea is to ask why if a lumberjack chopping wood long distance to a tc will switch wood lines entirely if they consider that next tree to be closer, whereas hunters go back to the same deer before they look for a new one.

1 Like

I am not sure, but can you (in real life, bare-hand) carry a deer alone? isn’t it like 70kg at least (and consider its large surface area)?