So I think that future updates should try to include new steam achievements, especially for the campaigns. I love the campaigns and I think the achievements gave a bit more incentive for players to play them in a more challenging way. A lot of great content has been produced of streamers trying to get the achievements and the aoe2 forums go nuts for new strategies.
So, possible new achievements:
- pacifist achievements: do the T-West approach and avoid killing enemy units.
- vegan achievement: win a scenario without killing horses, elephants, boars, livestock
- beat Bayinnaung 1 without loosing a hero.
- an achievement related to the Tariq ibn Ziyad, Sforza and Bari campaigns.
- actually using the mines of Mutapa in Francisco de Almeida 3
- Beating the York scenario a particular way (for example winning through relics o defeating the southern most enemies)
- Defeat count Berenguer in El Cid 5
- Collect all the relics on the map in Pachacuti 5
And I would also like to note some of the achievements proposed by reddit user u/Masteradi https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/b5oxxf/aoe2_achievements_ideas/
Great game and GG!