(Suggestion) Add some more complex attacking animations

Would recommend you to play Ancestors Legacy:

The main draw of AOE2 wasn’t it’s low end nature, otherwise everyone would be playing [insert game from the 90’s] that can run on any kind of machine.
It’s main draw is in the gameplay, and the community that built upon it (userpatch, voobly). DE was made with the premise of “shiny new aoe2” with all the bells and whistles, 4k textures, visual effects, etc

New animations won’t have an impact on the performance, since it would only be a variation of already existing animations. Swapping say, the champion slash to a stab, won’t be adding anything more for the computer to process, it’s still a set number of sprite frames to animated

However, and something I failed to mention is that it would also increase the size taken by the game, since you’d need to redo the sprite work for every single new animation you’d want to add. And come to think of it, redoing the sprite work for every unit in the game to add 1 or 2 additional random attack animations would be way too costly for what it’s worth.

sorry i guess i should have worded that better. yeah its absolutely a great game, but it definitely catered to an audience that didn’t need a high end pc since the beginning. there was huge backlash over the requirements to participate in MP when the game went live.

and that is a very valid point, its one of the reasons i said

I mean, this is the purpose of the suggestions, to change the game. If multiple people work on remaking the sprites it would note take that much.

Also, a very interesting thing they could do, redo the knight line with a bit different look for every civ, like a little symbol on the horse or the shield that would signify it`s origins. Same with swordsmen, crossbows, and the other units. I know there are some mods that reskin, but just a little symbol wouldn t mess.

Other animations they could add also are: Also more suggestions

1. when trebs hit castles some rocks could fall
  2. cavalry dying in a jumping motion, like falling off with the momentum they had before falling and hitting the other units, I know these things can be done if the engine is used at its maximum.
  3. when cavalry trampling dirt/desert little smoke clouds should appear behind them.
  4. trees could move in the wind. (optional)
  5. relics should have a holy light around them
  6. monks from Muslim countries should have another look and anoher animations. Aswell as the other countries with other religions.
  7. campaign voices should be changed to original ones
  8. it would be something nice if all the units looked a bit different between them, like the hussar having 10 different random models, that would be very similar but with a bit changed characteristics

I know these things would take a lot of time to be done, but for me it would be awsome to see them in the game. Or as an optional resource pack.