[Suggestion Balance] Persians gets double hp on TC starting from FEUDAL

Boar laming isn’t OP neither
You just have been both lamed and douched and you didn’t like it one bit
Then you decided to post this topic
This is what I understand from these types of topics in the first place
Both require skill and are risky to pull off

1 Like

There is one thing in common with most suggestions made by RoomOfTheEvil. It seems that most player disagree with his vision and thus with his suggested changes. This can means two different things to me:

1. RoomOfTheEvil is a genius and outsmarts everyone while playing this game. He must be the new number 1 in no time, because of his genius ideas. He know the tricks no one else know.
  2. RoomOfTheEvil is incapable of making balance changes. He likes the game very much, but his balance ideas are just off the table and just not good at all, because he just dont fully understand the game, like the pros and other top level players do.

One of this statements is true, the other is false. It is up to each individu to decided which statement is true and which is false. I know my choice. For RoomOfTheEvil i hope the first statement is the true statement.

3 Likes

The world isn’t black and white man. Even if i had a genius mind to analysis, it doesn’t mean i am going to be n1 on ladder in aoe2 just because playing requires other skills as well.

And you can already end here the conversation. Boar laming is not OP only on really low level plays ( <1000 elo)

all his points are only in theory. A douche is executed on dark age mean you can never be feudal when the douche TC is up (see just the video posted) At most, you are on the way to feudal because, as I wrote, Socotra amplies the effects because it is small and the maps are usually a bit bigger. It means no matter what, you are bound to repair TC, you are bound to remake a TC somewhere else and you can’t fight his TC.

Tournament plays like? Empire wars, you start from feudal and going douche isn’t viable.

That was his point unless youre otw to feudal already, better to move away.

Most toutnaments aren’t played in empires wars format.

It’s simple. If you believe douche is op, provide stats that back it up

1 Like

And you are in no place to tell me to stop posting.

Boar Laming isn’t OP because there are multiple ways to counter it and they aren’t that difficult to pull off (except the counter-laming)

2 Likes

Did you read my reply ? I said top players are also allowed to go meme. The video you’re quoting is titled “The Socotra Masterpiece” and has Viper eating a pizza in the thumbnail, if anything this video proves my point

I have another, far more fun idea.
Persians get quadruple the HP in the Dark age, followed by double HP rest of the game.
Let the fun begin.

Kidding. Douche is a fun strategy that’s so weak, it only needs buffs.

1 Like

What you are asking is nonesense. It is impossibile to give data because there doesn’t exist a pool of games that contains all the persian plays where you can extrapolate ‘douche’ and then check if it was successful or not.

But you can check many videos and see it is very successful

I don’t know why you think the strat is a joke? Viper uses those thumbnails and titles to attract views from which he gains $$, most of his videos titles and thumbnails are like that. But if you watch the video, he is playing against another pro player and won against a pro player that had a wood bonus civ (meaning he could afford to repair).

Because it is a joke. The strats works only if the player has lower skills or panic.
The only other way it can work is in arabia tg, where someone (namely Rubenstock or sometimes TheMax) goes for it in the hope to cripple the pocket. In tournaments is never used anyway because meta play is way stronger than it.

Ranked games means nothing. Show me a 1v1 tournament where a top 8 player go for it instead of going for meta play

1 Like

Do you realize you contradict yourself on your 2 paragraphs?

I’m waiting for that 1v1 tournament game where a pro go for it and it works since it’s so op and not a meme strat

2 Likes

douche could and should be made atleast an acceptable strat, if not a viable strat.

Increases the amount of skills shown and gives some great tension in the Dark age!

Just a quick recap of OP’s evidence regarding douche being too strong:

• His experience playing at <1000 elo
  • 1 video named “THE SOCOTRA MASTERPIZZA”

Can’t wait for the next balance topic

it will never be, you cripple your economy too much by doing it

Lmao, man. You asked for a pro play. There is it. Does it matter how it is titled for views? Now you want more videos in it. How much will this continue? I will bring you 3 more, you will say ‘only 3?’ and so on.

Do you realize your contradiction?

I didn’t ask for pro play at all. I even told you the exact opposite, that pros are allowed to do meme strats, and that sometimes it works, just like how Viper loses sometimes to Hoang’s ridiculous 10+ militias strategies. YOU decided to ridicule yourself by bringing a troll video into the argument. If you want to quote (anecdotal) pro play then use Rubenstock games from tournaments not a masterpiece from Viper, that’s not helping your point just making you look like a fool.

Oh look , Viper won by razing trees with his Ballista elephants then proceeded to only spam 100% scorps the rest of the game, I guess the strategy is too strong at high level and needs to be nerfed ???

1 Like

It can be easily made atleast slightly viable, by buffing the TC or something else, would be a good change allowing for heightened expectations in the otherwise mundane Dark Age.

Imo it’s viable enough, people just hate to do it. For example Jupe, an 1800 elo player killed F1re, a pro with 2300+ rating with douche.

You have to watch who he is against and apply different balance logic for team games…

I am telling you that just because you consider ‘troll’, it isn’t.

Hoang strats are viable strats that are very often played in 1400-1900 elo. Sometimes even pro do it and if it beat Viper, it has reasons. Just becauase it isn’t meta, it isn’t troll. What kind of reasoning is this? Do you watch too much T90 perhaps? Not bashing T90 but he doesn’t always understands players reasoning in game and makes fun of them if they aren’t too meta for… entertainment in a normal game

Apparently I am not the only one who considers it troll, since Viper titled it a MASTERPIECE

No, every high level player manages to win vs Viper from time to time, that’s just variance and the fact Viper doesn’t take ranked seriously

1 Like