Suggestion for Revolutions

Hello friends, I hope everyone is well!

Well, many players, especially Hispanic-Americans or Brazilians like me, would like civilizations like Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Paraguay, among others, to be added to the game in a similar way to what happened with Mexico and the USA, after all they created this precedent, which other people honestly want to use it to see more post-colonial civilizations.

We can well note that these civilizations are already represented as revolutions in the game, through revolutions, and at least in my opinion this representation is faithful to history. However, another equally fair argument is that for you to play with “your country” you need to wait until the Industrial Age to make the Revolution. Normally when you make a Revolution the game is already very close to the end, so you rarely end up taking advantage of the revolutions’ resources.

Well, my idea is to add two new cards to the game, available for European factions:

• Freemasonry (The Era in which it will be available can be debated);
    Effect: Allows Revolutions to be researched in the Age of Fortresses, with a reduced cost and much faster; but the Revolutionaries’ statistics were also diminished.
    Justification: In the 18th century, Freemasonry played a crucial role in the dissemination of the ideals of the Enlightenment, which undoubtedly inspired many of the Revolutions of the 18th and 19th centuries.
    Note: As there is an Italian charter with the same name, I suggest that it be renamed “Corporazione di San Tommaso”, as Saint Thomas the Apostle was the patron saint of the guild of bricklayers and builders.

Now a problem could be raised with this suggestion: if I choose to use this card and make the Revolution in the Age of Fortresses, I will be stuck with it for the rest of the game. Well thinking about that, we have the second part of the idea.

• National State: (card available in all revolutionary decks)
    Effects: The player can access the Industrial Era at a reduced cost (since its economy is weakened). It can be sent a second time, but at a cost of coins, to enable access to the Imperial Age.
    Justification: by separating from the old metropolises, the revolutionaries quickly absorbed, expanded and adapted the government structure they had until the moment of the revolt. Although this process was often difficult and ended up encountering a lot of instability, in Brazil for example, the new government quickly installed itself despite the crises and enabled the country to write its own history, now separated from Portugal.

Anyway, do you believe that the addition of these two cards could be something interesting?

2 Likes

I am not convinced by this proposal, instead of a card I think that the revolutions should receive a complete Re-work.

I propose that revolutions can be used from the first age, obviously changing or eliminating units that were never used, adding new mechanics specific to each civilization and completely changing how revolutions work. (obviously to make them more fun)

For example, Peru has the Peruvian guard, why not make this unit the exclusive soldier variant of Peru and make it accessible in Age III. Peru maintains the revolutionary, which could be a basic unit for all American revolutions and the replacement of the musketeer. (obviously the statistics of these units must be adapted to the age in which they are found)

The revolutions would have their own cards and would have factories or mechanics that replace the need for factories. For example, Argentina could have the Lombards and a mechanic that guarantees investments in them for each unit eliminated, both its own and the enemy. (obviously in combat)

No more loss of the economy! The revolutions would no longer lose the colonists, but would have a new bonus, for example Chile could collect 10% faster from mining and fishing. Peru would automatically upgrade the natives and harvest from plantations, mills and farms 10% faster. Argentina, the gauchos replace the settlers and collect the livestock 300% faster. (the old gauchos cease to exist)

Each age would guarantee new units, cards and buildings. For example, the South American revolutions would have yes or yes the Haciendas as a replacement for the mill and the plantation, and the revolutionary as a replacement for the musketeer.

All revolutions have the same experience curve and require exactly the same amount to earn a shipment, regardless of the base civilization. (Germany and Italy are a problem in this regard)

Well this is my proposal, although I am happy to see interest in the revolutions, I think that the mechanics need to be improved in a more radical way.

Obviously I prefer that all the original revolutions become complete civilizations, but I doubt that will happen with the current situation. :pensive:

1 Like