Suggestion for Turks

Yea but make it like, 1 tech. :o

where’s the gold dependency then?

gotta keep winning map control with your OP cannons to fund more OP cannons and to make them OPOP.

Maybe like, 5 upgrades in one per upgrade, or else it’ll scale too slowly to be enough.

Well, 5 torsions already make it like an onager lol.

Your post was translatable by Microsoft.

Translated from fr by Microsoft
Well, 5 twists already make it like an onager lol.

Well, actually when Turks stopped being nomadic they didn’t stop using light cav. They would have irregular cavalrymen that they wouldn’t pay, instead they would let them pillage the borders of the empire. These guys are imo already perfectly represented by the light cav for which you don’t pay any upgrades, just like irl Turk wouldn’t pay for the equipment of these guys.

100 HP light cav + full armor would definitely be as good as Mongols in melee while being better vs arrows. It really feels too much of a rip off imo.

But grushes don’t exist anymore (grush = galley rush right?)

So Bing translate doesn’t know about transparent words 11

1 Like

Oh and monolgs/tatars never made a big empire and never had any cities, i think you are maybe tiny bit overinterpreting the term steppe civ. All steppe civs kinda evolved and so did turks, the steppe riders just represent the variety within the turkish lightcav lines and the past of being a central asiatic tribes.

With the big nerf of lacking the 2 other trash units, which still makes it quite unique. Mongol still get very decent skirms and FU pikemen.

you still can play normal galleys on long disance maps. Also grush includes fire galleys. The only difference between fire galley and normal galley grush is that you put 2 vills to gold instead of wood or fire galleys.

They do know how to read between the lines, don’t they?

Well, don’t hate me for this solution to turks

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/14611/

1 Like

The only way to buff Turks is by giving them an answer to arbalest without forcing them to go cavalier.
So either give Turks elite skirm; which makes them sort of broken and boring to play since their whole thing was gold units. So a better option is giving them onager and probably 30% faster gold miners. Since they are gonna need more than just onager to go from one of the worst civs in the game to being able to put up a fight against a top tier civ. But the most fun thing to buff would be their cav archers. I think if they had the fastest moving cav archers in the game that also fired without delay that would make Turks really strong. It is also kind of historically accurate since Turk soldiers did train very intensively starting from childhood. They would use this special breed of small horses that were fast and agile and could make sharp turns easier. They used these small bows specially for being a cav archer and had great aim from training so much. So even free ballistics could be really interesting and put them in at least A or B tier civ.

Also not ia fan of giving them elite skirm
free stone upgrades however sound good; may I suggest a strange one?
castle age: spearmen +15hp, skirm +10hp+Free ballistics
imperial: spearmen +20hp, skirm +15hp

this way they could be more resistant while retaining their weak trash status.

The steppe lancer civ are enough to some degree now and Huns will have the priority to be the 4th steppe lancer civ rather than Turks in my opinion. The steppe lancer doesn’t only mean that they lived on the steppe but also the behavior about raiding.

It seems that adding the elite skirmisher is the most possible choice, then maybe the onager.

The strength of the Turks highly depends on the gold and the stone. If it can dig more resources out of the mine, it would be better than the faster mining because the faster mining also means the faster running out.

It doesn’t force you to spend it faster however (the lack of trash does tho) It also means that if you take a forward mine you will empty it faster, so the enemy have less chance to contest it and mine it for themselves.

1 Like

This would make them stronger than regular Pikes and Elite Skirms.
I already proposed giving Spearmen and Skirmioshers a single, small HP boost, only in Imperial, to compensate.

@JonOli12 only regarding HP
they would still have less atk than pikeman/halberdier/ elite skirmishers

2 increases would still make them too strong.
Where they are most lacking is in Imperial Age, so a 15HP increase in Imp would be justified, as they really are supposed to be bad troops.

@JonOli12 I didn’t mean stackable upgrades of course

castle age: spearmen +15hp, skirm +10hp+Free ballistics(from base)
imperial: spearmen +20hp, skirm +15hp (from base)

Also, more Free upgrades for Turks is way too much. They already get a lot of them (3), which is more than most civs get.

A stacking buff would also be too strong. Castle Age Turks have Janissaries and free Light Cavalry upgrade. Janis just absolutely destroy Crossbowmen and Knights.

Where their trash needs help, is in the Imperial Age, and a single +15HP bonus would help out a lot.

Half price of gold for upgrading military units or less(Castle technology excluded)?
Turkey’s Imperial military science and technology costs up to 3000 gold, if half will be better?

I would add steppe lancer for turks.

Well regardless of whether it’s accurate enough, let’s be real: already no one makes Cavalier as Turks when they should, so they aren’t going to make Steppe lancers either.

1 Like