[Suggestion] Nerf forward castles

Yes, as I wrote in my first post, I’m not saying that it is unbeatable. I am saying that it prematurely ends games that were good games, and it isn’t fun to play against, win or lose. For example, the most recent game the guy tried to build a castle in my base and by luck I happened to notice it in time, I stopped it and killed 10 of his villagers, after which he typed gg. If the castle had gone up, it would have been big problems for me. If it wasnt such a strong ‘strategy’, the guy wouldn’t have tried it, and would have made actual units to counter mine, and we could have kept playing.

By coincidence, Hera just posted a video of him doing the exact thing this thread is about. (By the way, he was able to get it up despite Tatoh having full knowledge that he was trying to build it from the very start). It caused the game to end abruptly. By nerfing the castle foundation or making villagers have a bonus against the foundation, it would become less viable and easier to stop with nearby villagers. Thus, people would stop doing it. Its the same as tower rushes. Few people like to play versus towers. People like to play against other units, not buildings. I don’t miss facing tower rushes AT ALL, and I’m sure others feel the same. I’m very happy they nerfed that ‘strategy’.

2 Likes