[suggestion] possibility to import and export hotkeys

So, after reading this topic, I wanted to request something that I think should also be available in other Definitive Editions as well: the possibility to export and import hotkey settings, so if we install the game on a different machine or want to install the game from scratch on the same one, we don’t lose our precious hotkeys. This is a quality of life feature that would benefit everyone.

:crossed_swords: Cheers :shield:

1 Like

But don’t you think it’s too modern and practical for this game?

1 Like

I believe creating the framerate limiter for this game was harder than it will ever be to create a file export/import feature. Besides, since we are not getting any updates and I’m low on suggestions already, I thought I’d share this one.

2 Likes

If you have windows store version it’s synced through the windows account so there is no need to export and import for personal use. For example, if I change a hotkey on my desktop, it will sync it to my laptop. Not sure about steam version.

It would still be nice for sending to friends.

2 Likes

I own the Steam version, and while such platform has a cloud service, and I don’t like to have it on due to a series of reasons I don’t need to elaborate on.

Or a different Microsoft/Steam account :wink:

1 Like

That was ironic. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t you just copy the hotkey setup file from the game’s save-game data folder in AoE II:DE?

And I saw a file with the same format in the AoE I: DE folder too.