Suggestion to revert Update 58259

It is what it is, a patch that somehow failed and made performance unplayable and not worth today’s standard. This suggests that your Quality Assurance consists of basically trial and error - on live servers.
Whatever you did this patch, just revert it, revert to the state before the update. Save changes that you can save or do a full revert.
It’s getting ridiculous, to put it simply: This patch is the equivalent of Server maintenance with an unknown end time. Team game lag both in Player input and Performance. User reports that 1v1’s lag out too.
This patch is the repetition of the anniversary patch, with half of the worse performance turned into input delay.
Please just revert it, admit your mistake, come out publically and tell us what happened and then try again in like 2 or 3 weeks with all the patch features + some civ balance changes.

14 Likes

yeah had a whole tourney that we arranged delayed because of this patch. Please revert it.

2 Likes

They released a PuP that should make things better, so you can use that (and it’s compatible with the live patch MP)

Can you elaborate a little?

It’s a preview update. If you and your friends have the game on Steam you need to right click on the game’s names, go to properties, betas, and in the scrolling menu you can select it.

2 Likes

Game unplayable for 4 days, 0 communication on your behalf.
Well if you want your next DLC to flop then go ahead. Time is ticking.

does this work for the store version also? That is also broken… lags significantly… lotkey misses happen… i keep clicking but no units get created and map related mods dont work.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is not available for this version

Yes, MS store version minimap resize/relocate mods don’t work with the latest patch.

1 Like

I support your opinion very much

2 Likes

Can the developers please communicate a proper fix beyond the PUP patch and the timeline around when we can expect these fixes to be made available to the entire community

2 Likes

Plus there’s no PUP for those who have the game on Microsoft Store.

2 Likes

why only for steam? is it a microsoft game?

1 Like

Probs because the Microsoft store isn’t only for games so it’s less fleshed out in this department? Idk I’m not working there 11

1 Like

PUP is not a fix. Its only a slight improvement. Still unplayable in some situations.

1 Like

Buying the game on ms store is something I’ll forever regret.

1 Like

I see the devs are still breaking the game. You’d think they’ve broken it so often they would be very experienced putting it back together.

I 100% agree regarding the live server test comment. I think they just press ‘upload’ and walk away from their computer for 2 weeks and pray to Lord Daut that no bugs happen.

Feels bad for you lads. I several months of broken AOE2 because of their updates in the past. Hope they pull their head in and fix it soon for your sake.

Since the thread’s creation a hotfix as well as another update have been released and the last post in this thread was 19 days ago.

If you’re (or anyone else is) still experiencing issues please create a report in this subforum which our team actively monitors: II - Report a Bug - Age of Empires Forum.