Operating System: Any
Gamertag: Every single player of AOE2DE.
Hello, im a modder and content creator. I have made popular mods and have a whole community who plays my mods. I will list here all the issues that make it very difficult to play the game without getting extremely frustrated.
I am getting tons of messages from other modders who ask me for help when their mod keeps crashing for no reason. All i can usually answer is “AOE2DE is broken and full of bugs, if you want to mod you will have to accept that the game is completely unstable and it can crash after every tiny change”.
This bothers me a lot and i hope this game will get fixed one day.
- Unit ID Limit (you cant add new unit IDs otherwise game crashes) FIXED WITH NEW UPDATE
- Changing a Tech research location or Adding new one makes the game freeze and crash when clicking on it. (50% crash rate for no reason)
- Invisible Lobby issue (when hosting a lobby, there is 50% chance it will not get listed)
- When releasing a new data mod update, all players have to MANUALLY update it before joining the lobby or unsubscribing, or else the game wont start (shows an error message which lists all people with wrong version)
- Overall random crash and out of synch problems.
- When the game crashes for everyone, there is not a single error message, it just shoots you to the desktop, making it impossible to tell the reason the game crashed.
- Download speed is EXTREMELY slow. Making it impossible to add new graphics and sounds to the mod without having people sit for 20-40 minutes in lobby and wait for the download to end.
I know you devs like to release new DLCs, but please fix the bugs first.
Consider even releasing a DLC just for bug fixes, im willing to pay and im sure many others would.
But adding new content of top of bugs is just irrational. Every single update you bring, kills already existing mods which people spent hundreds of hours of work.
Im hoping that you will at least fix some of these.
- Very often when you are host and lobby is full, you suddenly cant kick players
So when someone is afk, you have to rehost because you cant do anything
- When hosting with a data mod, whenever you click “Lobby Browser” the lobby gets bugged
Means when the game starts it shows everyone as “wrong version”
So you have to rehost again
Host with data mod, click lobby browser and get everyone to ready up. It wont let you start the game.